Friday, June 10, 2016

Nun Better Jambalaya

First things first, I know I've been a bad blogger. Don't give up on me. I'm just enjoying our lazy summer days a little too much, I suppose.
 
I did want to pop in to share an easy and tasty recipe with y'all. And to my Cajun friends: I know this isn't Louisiana-authentic jambalaya. But the flavors are still great, and better yet, it's probably one of the easiest meals you'll cook! Serve it with a side of crusty French bread, and you're good to go.


 Nun Better Jambalaya
{Passed down from my mom's friend}
 
3 pounds link sausage, sliced on the diagonal
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped (or more to taste)
1 stick butter
2 bay leaves
2 cups converted rice, uncooked
1 (11 oz.) can French Onion soup
1 (11 oz.) can Beef Consomme
1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1/4 cup water

Slice sausage and saute in olive oil until cooked through. Add all ingredients to an ovenproof pot and cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours, stirring once after an hour.

**When stirring at one hour, you'll think it may not be ready in 30 minutes. Don't worry; it will! Also, if you want to double this recipe, don't actually double it. Make two separate pots.**

///

I hope everyone has a great weekend! We're having dinner with some friends tonight, so I'm looking forward to that...date night two weeks in a row...wow! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment