Monday, May 15, 2017

Weekend Update + Life Lately

How was everyone's weekend? Did all the mamas reading have a happy Mother's Day? I surely hope so!

I woke up to donuts and purple tulips yesterday, as well as some precious cards from my girls. Lily told me I was her BFF. Doesn't get much better than that. We went to church and visited with my parents that afternoon. It was a simple, sweet day, which was just what I wanted.


 They're laughing in the picture below because I said, "Mommy is going to rest all day and won't have to do any laundry or tidying up." Yeah right. Ha!

  

///

Saturday was a really special day. I drove up to Memphis for the day to celebrate my niece McKenna, who just graduated from high school. She's going to Tulane in the fall, and she's just a shining star in every way. The drive up was just what I needed. I was alone for 3 hours (alone for 3 hours?!?!) in my car and listened to music that I hadn't listened to in years. I danced; I sang; I reminisced. It was fun. Once I got to Memphis I was able to see so many family members I hadn't seen in a while. Lots of hugs and catching up...it was so good for the soul.

And remember this face below. She is going to do big things in life, I have no doubt.


///

We caved and got bags and bags of sand for the sandbox area that came with the girls' swing set. Sand is everywhere, but it's worth it because they love it.




///

We are winding up the school year this week, and I am.so.ready. I need a break from schedules and homework. And come the end of June I'll be ready for schedules again. Isn't that the way life goes? :)

Hadley's school had their annual May Day performance recently, and we had a long talk about being brave and getting up on the stage and singing with her classmates. She seemed ready, and I only prepped her because last time they had a performance she spotted me in the audience and began crying for "Mommy!!!!" I thought to myself how great she was going to do this year...and life laughed at me. As they were walking out as a class, waving their flags, she spotted me and refused to go on stage. I snapped a pic right before the tears fell. Bless her heart. Next year I'm either going to wear camo and hide among all the other parents, or we're just going to skip altogether!


///

As most of you know, my Dad relapsed last summer and is living with mantle cell lymphoma for the third time. He's been on oral chemo since then and has done pretty well. Recently he's had some setbacks, and his blood pressure has been running extremely low. He'll see the doctor today, and we're hoping for some answers and easy solutions. It's an overwhelming time, and I'd be lying if I said we weren't concerned. We would treasure your thoughts and prayers, dear friends.

///

We're heading to the beach this week, so I have lots of odds and ends to do around here to get us ready. And I'm getting a spray tan this morning so I won't frighten children on the beach with my whiteness! :) Any tips for making a spray tan stay put?

///

I hope everyone has a happy day and a great week ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment