Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Christmas 2017: A Recap

We had a really happy Christmas, and I hope all reading did as well.
 
The girls finished up school the week of December 13, so we had a lot of time prior to Christmas to savor the season.
 
I've always been so good about sending out Christmas cards but flaked this year. We didn't get as many as we normally do, so I'm wondering if many were in the same boat as me. Anyway, here's our virtual Christmas greeting!


We took the girls to see Santa in early December and got some cute pictures. Lily cracked me up bringing her Toys R Us catalog along. She was a girl on a mission and even had Post-it notes ranking her top picks.
 
 



///
 
We took a trip to Starkville to visit my grandparents a few days before Christmas. Most of my aunts and uncles were there, and it was SO good to be reunited with them.
 
The girls with Nana (my grandmother).
 
 
Some of our family together.
 
 
///
 
The day after our trip to Starkville we gathered at my parents' house to exchange gifts and to be together. My sisters were BOTH in town, and it's always a treat for the three of us to be under one roof.

Below are pictures of Pop (my Dad) with his girls. He'd found out a few days prior that he'd had a clear CT scan...the BEST Christmas gift imaginable.
 

 
///
 
Christmas Eve morning we went to church as a family, and it was such a special service. I thought the girls looked so pretty in their Christmas best!
 
 
After church they were allowed to open their presents from one another. So much fun!
 

 
Later that night we sprinkled reindeer food on the front lawn so Santa couldn't miss our house!
 
 
///
 
Christmas morning arrived, and Santa even took some pictures of the girls' gifts before they woke up!

Below are a few things the girls were given to share.


 
A few of Lily's things.
 
 
 
 
And Hadley's.
 

 
 
 
  Now they're up and ready to see what Santa brought!
 
 
He was here! The cookies and milk are gone.


Headbands in her stocking.


 
Hadley had been wanting the Kendall Wellie Wisher doll.
 

"My very own computer?!?!"

 
Lily got the Wellie Wisher, Ashlyn.
 
 
 
Checking out her stocking loot.

 
"Santa knows I like dinosaurs!!"
 
 
 
So proud of her dinosaur eggs.

 
 

 
Hugs. Christmas brings out the best in us all.

 
 
She wasn't as interested in the Fingerling as I thought she'd have been. Go figure!

 
 
 
Christmas morning is always kind of hectic (in a good way), so I wanted to keep breakfast simple this year. I found a recipe for a Crockpot Breakfast Casserole, and it was friggin' awesome. So easy...I can't imagine I'll make it any other way going forward!
 
 
///

The day after Christmas we left for Rob's hometown to see his family, and we spent two nights there. I didn't take many pictures, but I did take this one of Had in her new sweater. We had a great time there as well!

 
///
 
And that's a wrap (literally and figuratively, right?) on Christmas 2017. It was a sweet season, and I'm always sad to see it go. And at the same time I'm happy for a fresh start and a new year!
 
Later this week I'm planning on taking a look back at 2017 and a look forward to the new year. Hope you'll come back. :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment