Monday, July 10, 2017

Weekend Update + Recipe for Fluffy Slime

Hey guys! How was everyone's weekend? I've always felt that summer is on the downward slope once the 4th is over, and it feels like that even more this year. School resumes in one month. Yikes.
 
///
 
I imagine when people look back at the summer of 2017 one word will come to mind: slime. It's been the summer of slime, right? We finally made our own on Friday, and it was so much fun! I'm going to share the recipe I found below because I found it was not as messy as I thought it was going to be.

 
 

 

 
 
Ingredients:
 
Elmer's Washable Glue
Foaming Shaving Cream (the white, fluffy kind)
Baking Soda
Food Coloring
Saline Solution for Sensitive Eyes
 
 
Directions:
 
Measure 3-4 cups of shaving cream into a bowl. (We used 3 cups.)
 
Add a few drops of food coloring.
 
Add 1/2 cup of glue and mix thoroughly.
 
Add 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Mix.
 
Add 1 Tablespoon of the saline solution and mix well.
 
Your slime is ready! **I found that kneading the slime with my hands for a few minutes made the mixture less sticky and more fluffy. The mixture will stick to your hands at first. The best way to get the mixture off your hands (and to make it less sticky) is to keep kneading it and keep playing with it! After a few minutes our hands were clean.**
 
Also important to note, most slime recipes contain a form of boron. In our recipe it was found in the saline solution. I don't know much about chemistry, but experts agree to wash your hands after playing with slime. So that's what we did! :)
 
///
 
Saturday we had donuts on the front porch and spent the afternoon swimming at Pop and J's. We had blue cheese burgers for dinner, and we all went to bed that night tired from the sun and water. Typical summer day!
 
 
///
 
Yesterday we made more slime (because it really is that fun), and we went to see "Despicable Me 3." It was really cute and clever. Animated movies just amaze me. And there was a Minion in the concession area so that was fun too.
 
 
///
 
Today starts Vacation Bible School for Lily. Hadley can't attend until she's 5, and I'm the bad mom who didn't sign up early enough to serve as a volunteer. Whoops. Hadley and I have lots of fun errands planned (ha), and then we'll pick sister up around lunchtime and will probably spend our afternoon making more slime. Seriously.
 
I hope everyone has a great day and a happy week ahead. I'll leave you with two funny pics of my girls.
 
Below, I caught the stinker on the right mid-hit.


 
///
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment