Friday, September 25, 2015

Loving Lately & Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

I had a little money left on an Amazon gift card and was able to treat myself to a few books! This kind of package at my doorstep truly makes my heart sing...now I just need to get busy reading!
 

///
 
These are my new favorite shoes...I think they'll be so cute this fall with chunky sweaters and skinny jeans...plus, they're comfy and won't break the bank! A win-win.
 

 
///
 
Lily is so excited for Halloween this year...she seriously started talking about it early in the summer. She's decided she wants to be Elsa this year, and since her grandparents gifted her with an Elsa dress last year (that still fits!), I thought it was the perfect choice. I ordered her an Elsa wig to complete the outfit, and it came in the mail the other day. I think it's safe to say my girls were meant to be brunettes! But I think she looks precious as Elsa...
 
 
///
 
The weather here has been in the upper 80s the past few days, which we'll gladly take in Mississippi. While Lily is in school, Hadley and I spend a lot of time outdoors...I'm loving my special one-on-one time with her.
 
 
///
 
Speaking of Hadley, she is a big fan of my spaghetti...the spicier, the better. She and Lily could not be any more different!
 
 
///
 
My parents gave me this candle for my birthday, and I'm in love...I think it's my favorite candle ever. The scent is not overbearing, but it is noticeable. I think it's one of those scents that would work year-round.
 
///
 
I'm in the mood to decorate and plant some containers for fall. I loved these images I found in some of my favorite magazines. {The first two are from Southern Living, and the third image is from Midwest Living.}
 
I wish I could recreate this container garden...the colors are the best, and I especially love the ornamental peppers. 

Our dining room currently serves as the girls' playroom, but when we move we plan to have a formal dining room again. I think this would be the prettiest fall centerpiece. I just adore succulents.
 
I think this would be pretty tucked away in a bookshelf or displayed on a fall mantel.
 
///
 
Since Wednesday was the first day of fall, it was only fitting to pull out my recipe for Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread. I for the life of me can't remember where I found this recipe. It's scribbled on a piece of notebook paper, so I'm assuming I found it in a magazine in the waiting room of a doctor's office.
 
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
 
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
15 oz. can pumpkin
1 1/2 cups oil
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips (more if desired)
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk eggs and add ingredients through salt. Mix well with stand mixer or handheld mixer. Fold in chocolate chips. Butter and flour two loaf pans. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Cooks perfectly in 1 hour in our oven.)
 
The nice thing is, it makes two loaves, and it freezes very well. So eat one and save one...or give it away!
 
 
///
 
There's been a lot of loss in our community lately, and it's been hard to swallow. At church this past Sunday, Dr. Ben Witherington III spoke on the book of Revelation. He said this: in Heaven, "faith will become sight, and hope will be realized." That brought me so much peace.
 
///
 
I hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay safe, and I'll see you back here on Monday.


2 comments:

  1. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is one of my favorite fall treats! I'll have to give your recipe a try. I usually make muffins instead of bread because I am too impatient to wait for the loaf to bake - haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muffins are a good idea too! How do you adjust the baking time? Love your cute blog...adding it to my reader! ;)

      Delete