Monday, September 21, 2015

Weekend Update & The Emmys!

So, I feel like I need to write a tiny introduction before jumping into my first post. I've blogged before and, as life goes, I got busy and put my efforts elsewhere. I feel like for some time now I've felt like something was lacking...I'm a creative person at heart, and that's something I haven't been able to use in a long time, it seems. I put all my energy into being a mom (and I'd have it no other way), but now that my girls have gotten a little older, I feel like I do have a little more time to devote to something/s that interest me! Thus, Lindsey Lately was born. I've been debating pulling the trigger for some time now, trying to make sure every little thing is perfect before I publish my thoughts for the world (yeah, right!) to see. But then I realized that I'm going to put it off forever if I don't just jump in, feet first. So, here goes. And, one last thing, I think you have to write as if you do have an audience...even when, like me, you don't. You have to start somewhere, and I'm using this space as a creative outlet and an online journal as much as anything. That said, I do hope you read! Check out the "About" tab at the top of the page to read a little more about moi.
 
///
 
We had a great weekend here, although it's still summertime hot, and I'm so ready for fall. Friday night Rob and I ordered take-out sushi and watched old episodes of Shark Tank. Livin' La Vida Loca, I tell ya.
 
Saturday morning, before it reached a high of 97 that afternoon, the girls and I headed to the park. We're so lucky to have a park right around the corner from where we live. We spent a little over an hour there before heading home to escape the heat. Rob, bless his heart, mowed the yard and pulled up our garden (which didn't produce much this summer).
 
 
Our Mississippi State Bulldogs had a home game, and while the hubs normally attends most, he opted to watch it this time in the air-conditioning, with a friend. I dressed Lily up in her cheerleader uniform, and she had a ball. I have laughed so hard over this video...I think Lily inherited my dance moves! ;)
 
 
Sunday I kept the nursery at church (I do this once a month)...I signed up to keep Hadley's class because when Lily was her age, I kept her age group. It's a good way to get to know some of the other children and parents, and it's always fun to see your child interact with other children. This Sunday, Hadley and Rob stayed home while I kept her nursery class. Our sweet one is still having some separation anxiety issues (she'll be two in a few weeks), and my genius idea to keep her class backfired big time. I kept it for the first time last month, and Hadley did great with me in there. Then, when my rotation was over, and it was time for me to leave for church (and leave her in the nursery), Hadley had an epic meltdown. And we were paged because she'd gotten herself so worked up that she threw up all over herself. Does this happen to anyone else? So, needless to say, Rob and Hadley stayed home today while I kept nursery, and we all met up for church. It went a little more smoothly this time!
 
I couldn't pass these leggings up from Target...for the girls, not me! I thought they were fun, and for less than $5, it was hard to say no.
 
Circo Cat Leggings

This picture showed up as a memory on my Facebook
newsfeed...it was taken this time last year. I can't believe Hadley wasn't even 1-year-old yet. Gosh, time flies.
 

And then, last night...the Emmys...seriously, one of my favorite nights of the year! What did y'all think? Here are my favorite dresses from the night (all images are from E! Online):

 Amanda Peet in Michael Kors

 Amy Poehler in Michael Kors...I thought she looked effortlessly cool and chic. Love the hair too.

Aubrey Plaza in Alexandre Vauthier...just really cool and elegant. This was probably my favorite...
 
 Elisabeth Moss in Oscar de la Renta...traditional glamour, which I normally don't like, but I thought she looked so pretty.

 Ellie Kemper in Naeem Khan...I thought this was so different and unusual. Just loved it.

 Emma Roberts in Jenny Packham
 
 Kerry Washington in Marc Jacobs...girl can do no wrong! Simply stunning...

 Laverne Cox in Calvin Klein Collection

Do y'all agree with my picks? Any least favorites? I do love an award show!


So, there you have it...my first official blog post. Thanks for reading! Hope everyone has a great Monday and a good start to their week!

4 comments:

  1. Great read!!! I shall be a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Emmy picks and your blog design! Great minds! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Natasha...I've loved your blog for a long time, so I appreciate you commenting! Means a lot to me! :)

      Delete