Monday, November 21, 2016

Weekend Update

Today officially starts our Thanksgiving break, and we're excited for some slower days and extra time together!
 
The break got off to a great start with a wonderful weekend, and I am f-i-n-a-l-l-y starting to feel better after starting my second round of antibiotics. I know, I know...I'm probably contributing to the antibiotic-resistant bugs out there, but if I'm no better after 14 days, it usually means I need to break out the big guns (and in this case that means Augmentin 875 mg twice a day).
 
Here's what we had going on...
 
///
 
Friday, Lily's class had their annual Thanksgiving Feast. The kids are asked to dress up like a Pilgrim or Native American, and all the parents brought food for a picnic outside. I figured most kids would be Native Americans, so Lily and I opted for a Pilgrim outfit. I found it at Party City, and I thought it was so cute! (Major plus...Hadley will get to wear it one day!)
 



 
///
 
Friday night the temps dropped drastically, and we woke up to really cold weather Saturday morning. Yay! Rob and Lily went on their weekly ritual for donuts, and we devoured those like we always do. Rob went with some friends to Starkville for the Mississippi State game that day, so the girls and I hung out at home and spent much of the day outside.
 
 
We made some turkeys with some craft materials we already had around the house. I thought they were darling. I love Hadley's turkey that has about 30 eyes.
 



 
We also went to Home Depot and picked out some plants for my pots. I love to dig in the dirt...there's something so peaceful about it for me. I spent the rest of the afternoon planting while the girls played outside. I was so pleased with the results!
 

 
///
 
Yesterday was pretty much a repeat of Saturday, with lots of time spent outside. Aaah, this time of year rejuvenates me!
 
Y'all, I shared this jacket on Instagram, but is it not the cutest thing you've ever seen? And it was $19.99!! It's by Cat and Jack if you're interested!
 




 
///
 
I'm looking forward to a few days of play with my girls before the holiday arrives. Thursday we're having lunch with my parents and aunt, uncle, and cousin...and then we're heading to North Mississippi to see Rob's family. I'm especially excited about that trip because the day after Thanksgiving we're taking the girls to the Polar Express! Has anyone been? Lily went last year with Rob's parents, and I can't wait to experience it with them this year!
 
///
 
I hope everyone has a happy day and a wonderful week ahead. Tomorrow I'll be sharing details on a hair product the girls and I adore, and later in the week I'll be sharing a gift guide for HER. It's big, and I've spent a lot of time on it, so I hope you'll check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment