Monday, February 20, 2017

Easy and Delicious Cupcake Icing

Happy Monday! We had a full weekend celebrating Lily's 6th birthday. I'm working on a recap post that I'll post tomorrow, but in the meantime I wanted to share a recipe I found for Buttercream Icing. It's just that good.
 
 
We sent cupcakes to school on Friday so Lily was able to celebrate with her class. She wanted funfetti cupcakes and white icing. Simple enough, right? I'm not a fan of jarred icing and wanted to make my own. A quick Google search later, and I stumbled upon the easiest, most delicious cupcake icing I've ever tasted. For realzzz, though. I feel like I should add a "yo" at the end of that for emphasis.
 
Anyway, this icing was easy-as-pie to whip up, and it gave the boxed cupcakes a fancier feel. The icing spread easily, and it hardened just enough overnight to make the cupcakes not too terribly messy. It was sweet and creamy and just divine. I ate the remainder with a spoon.
 
 
Easy and Delicious Cupcake Icing
{Recipe via Allrecipes.com}
 
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
2 Tablespoons milk
3 drops food coloring (or as needed)
 
Cream room temperature butter with a hand mixer, the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, or a wooden spoon until smooth and fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract.
 
Pour in milk and beat for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add food coloring, if using, and beat for 30 seconds or until desired color is reached. Ice immediately and enjoy!
 
 
///
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Nice Post! I visited here the first time and I like your informative knowledge about baking a cake. Please Keep sharing this type of knowledge.
    Best Baking Classes in Chennai
    Cake Making Classes in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Post !! The A2 Milk Chennai Is the Healthy, fresh and Unadulterated farm-fresh milk Chennai. They provide you with the best and Pure Organic Milk in Chennai which is an A2 milk variety.They deliver organic farm milk all over Chennai.

    ReplyDelete