Monday, September 11, 2017

Weekend Update

Hey guys. Hope everyone had a great weekend. We surely did!
 
First, I can't ignore today's date. September 11. How in the world has it been 16 years since that dreadful day? New York will always be a part of my heart...it's the greatest place on this Earth, in my opinion. Today I'm thinking of those who lost loved ones on that day. God bless all of you.
 
 
///
 
Our weekend: Rob is working on a huge project at work, and he's been at the office what seems like 24/7. He worked most of the weekend, so the girls and I had some girl-time.
 
Before we picked Lily up from school on Friday, Hadley and I had a picnic in their treehouse. How cute is she?
 
 
Friday night we met my parents for Mexican and sat outside. The weather here has been glorious, and we've enjoyed every second of it.
 
Saturday morning we picked up donuts, and the girls were sweet enough to go to Sephora with me. I picked up some new skin products, and I'm loving them so far.
 

 
I'm reading Jen Hatmaker's new book Of Mess and Moxie and can't get enough of it. It's one of those books where I'm underlining nearly every sentence. The highlighted portion below especially resonated with me.
 
 
Saturday afternoon Lily lost her first top tooth! I can't get over how different she looks!
 
 
We skipped church on Sunday because Hadley is getting a little cold. She still felt well enough to play outside, and we enjoyed most of our day in our backyard!
 
 
I adore the picture below...I think it perfectly captures the joy of childhood. Look at those happy, carefree faces!
 
 
I kept Hadley home from school today, so we're watching Trolls right now before I get busy with typical Monday stuff.
 
And, this is it...the week I've been looking forward to for what seems like forever. Rob and I are heading to New Orleans on Thursday to see U2 at the Superdome! This is a bucket list item of mine...they're one of my favorite bands of all-time, and I have heard they are incredible live. I am so stoked, I don't know if I'll be able to sleep! I'm sure this week will creep by...
 
 
///
 
I hope everyone has a great day and a happy week. I'll be back with some fashion-related posts in a few days! :)
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment