Monday, October 23, 2017

Life Lately

Hey guys! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Here's what we were up to + some of the fun things that have been going on in our lives lately.

///

Friday was the 50th school day at Lily's school, so they had a 50's Day to celebrate. It was so cute to see all those kiddos dressed up. I think Lily fit the bill pretty perfectly, right? They also got to dance in the hall if they paid 50 cents. To be a fly on the wall seeing all those kids dancing!


///

We went to our local zoo on Saturday and seriously had the best time. The monkeys showed off for us, and that was fun. :)







///

I took the girls for flu shots last week (the flu has already shown up here) and had to bribe them with treats afterward to even get them in the door. But they took their shots like little champs, and I was really proud of them. Lily wanted ice cream for her treat, so I packed a bag of potato chips for Hadley. She can't get enough of salty potato chips!


///

We saw the "My Little Pony" movie last weekend, and it was really cute. Plus the soundtrack is fun...the girls keep requesting Sia's "Rainbow" on repeat. I think I know every word now.



///

I picked up this sweatshirt from Target recently, and it's a new fave. I got lots of looks while getting my oil changed...haha...


///

Lily has taken off when it comes to riding her bike. For the longest time she would get on and immediately get off if she couldn't pedal by herself right away. She gets frustrated so easily. But we've persisted, and it's been a good lesson for her on the importance of trying things over and over, even if you can't master it right away! Anyway, now all she wants to do is ride her bike, and I think Santa may bring her a new one for Christmas. Next step...losing the training wheels!


///

I got my hair colored recently, and it feels so much better. I never colored my hair until recently, as I'm starting to get some grey. Ugh. Getting older is for the birds.


I had time after my hair appointment to run by Barnes and Noble before picking Hadley up from school. I picked up Brene Brown's latest book and can't wait to dig in. She is so darn wise, I know I'll learn tons.


///

Our church held a fall festival last week, and it was lots of fun for us and the community as a whole. The girls had hot dogs, popcorn, and cotton candy and jumped in bounce houses galore. They also got tattoos on their arms, and let me tell you...there's nothing better than tattoos from a church. Lily had a bat on her arm that read "Batty for Jesus," and Hadley had a pumpkin on her arm that read "Glowin' with God." Those tickled me.



///

That's all I've got for y'all today. It's cooler here, and the leaves are changing colors. We're getting ready for Halloween, and it's just a fun time! Hope everyone has a happy Monday and a wonderful week ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment