Monday, January 9, 2017

Weekend Update + Golden Globes

How was everyone's weekend? We had a low-key one and stayed in mostly due to the weather. One snow flake + sleet in Mississippi = mass hysteria. No really. Schools let out early on Friday, and the grocery stores were packed with people preparing for the worst. It always tickles me. This is what we had at our house.
 
 
///
 
I was so glad I'd picked up some Valentine's Day things at the Target Dollar Spot earlier in the week. I know, I know. It's early January, and most people just took down their Christmas tree. But I love a holiday and a reason to celebrate. Always have, always will! So we spent much of the weekend crafting, and that's always fun for all of us.
 



 
///
 
It was also perfect timing that some meals from HelloFresh were delivered. I'm collaborating with them and will share a full post later in the week. But I had the best time preparing the meals, and they were so, so tasty. We were really impressed.

 
 ///
 
And now for my thoughts on the Golden Globes. Y'all know this is one of my favorite nights of the year, right? Seriously. I have been awards-season obsessed since junior high. The gowns, the jokes, the speeches, the glamour...it all gets me.
 
What did everyone think of Jimmy Fallon? I really like him, but I thought he was just meh. I think I wanted someone with a little more bite...someone like Chris Rock or Ricky Gervais. But then if they were to host I'd probably say they were too harsh. #grassisalwaysgreener
 
Before I share my favorite gowns of the evening, I can't not mention my favorite part of the night...Meryl Streep accepting the Cecil B. DeMille Award. I thought her words were so powerful and perfect for where our world is right now. I honestly think she deserves a Golden Globe for that speech. What a remarkable woman.
 
...

 
And guys, Ryan Gosling's acceptance speech for Best Actor in a Comedy made me swoon...I'm sure all the ladies reading can agree.
 
 
And now for my favorite gowns...

Mandy Moore in Naeem Khan. She wins my favorite of the night. It was just so classic and elegant but a little different at the same time. I thought she was stunning.
  
 
Coming in a close second was Lily Collins in Zuhair Murad Couture. And her skin makes me wish I'd never stepped foot in the sun.

 
 Emma Stone in Valentino...love the stars on her gown. Very ethereal and whimsical.

 
 Reese Witherspoon in Atelier Versace. I adore yellow, and she wears it so very well!

 
 Viola Davis in Michael Kors. Golden yellow on her beautiful, dark skin was just a stunning combination. Also love the one shoulder.

 
 Zoe Saldana in Gucci. This might have been a worst dressed for some, but I liked it. It was feminine and sweet, and the slick ponytail paired well with it.

 
 I'd love to hear your favorites! Did y'all stay up for the entire show or hit the sack early like I did? And now I have a list a mile long of movies I need to see!

///

I'm participating in a Mom Life Monday link-up today. Y'all check it out here...you can find lots of great blog posts by fellow moms! Hope everyone has a happy Monday.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment