Thursday, December 10, 2015

Black Bean Soup + Life Lately

I found this recipe several years ago via Real Simple magazine, and it's oh-so-good and oh-so-easy. The key, in my opinion, is to use a really good, fresh salsa rather than the jarred kind you'd find near the tortilla chips.

 
 Black Bean Soup
{Real Simple magazine}
 
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pint of fresh salsa
16 oz. can refried black beans (found in the Mexican section of my grocery store...not with the regular black beans)
15 oz. can black beans, drained
14.5 oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
 
Heat the oil in a saucepan or large pot over medium heat. Add the salsa and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add the refried beans, black beans, and broth and bring to a simmer. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Top with a dollop of sour cream and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
 
///
 
Hadley and I have an appointment with a speech and language pathologist this morning to get her evaluated (and hopefully approved) for speech therapy. Our appointment with the ENT yesterday went terribly. Like, I looked at the doctor and said, "I think we'll be leaving now," and we got up and walked out...something I've never done. Thanks to our awesome pediatrician, we have an appointment with another ENT soon, and we'll get Hadley's ears and hearing rechecked. Life is full of ups and downs, isn't it? I'm praying today is a better day than yesterday...
 
///
 
I haven't mentioned it yet on here, for fear of jinxing us (ha!), but we found a new house, and we close at the end of this month! So if it falls through I'm going to blame it on me posting about it here! ;) I have so much to do it's not even funny. But we are so excited...it's in the school district we wanted, and it's a little further out than we are now, which I love. The area is just so peaceful to me...we have a large, flat backyard, and I can already see the girls having so much fun out there. I'll post more updates and probably some pictures as we move in and get settled. But Christmas and then a big move...yikes! I hope Santa puts some energy pills in my stocking!

///

I'll leave you with this...I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment