Monday, December 7, 2015

Weekend Update + Life Lately

This past week/weekend has been interesting, to say the least. Hadley and I have mainly stayed at home so she could recover from Hand, Foot, & Mouth...she has done so well, that little one, and is completely over it. But then Rob got it on Tuesday, and he has had the worst time. The spots are covering his face, feet, and hands, and he is just miserable. Bless him. He's secluded himself to the bedroom, and I've been sleeping on the blow-up mattress in the living room since Tuesday! This virus is no joke, and I'm just praying that Lily and I don't get it. We've been washing our hands like crazy over here.
 
///
 
I ordered the girls some pajamas from GAP when they were having their Black Friday sale. GAP pajamas are my favorite...they're 100% cotton, and they hold up really well. I got them each a pair to wear for Christmas, and they'll open those on Christmas Eve, and I got them the pair below to wear now.


Hadley found these cat ears, promptly put them on and wore them the rest of the night!


 
///
 
One of my favorite weekend treats is to pick up donuts on Saturday morning...especially during any holiday because they're always festive...it's the little things, folks! It tasted even better on my Christmas china...it used to be my mom's, and this was my first year to use it. She loved Christmas, so it's been special having it out, knowing it was hers and that it once brought her joy...her memory lives on.


///

If you're looking for some holiday cookies, I have you covered! I'm not allowed to buy any more because I ate the entire bag in two days, but you should definitely try them. And if you're having a holiday party, I think they'd look so pretty on a serving piece...festive and yummy = a win-win.


///

Our fall/winter garden has done really well. We were outside this weekend when I noticed a dewdrop had nestled inside the leaves of the cabbage. I thought it was so pretty! I love the purple and green colors of the cabbage. Nature is amazing.


///

I made Christmas sugar cookies on Saturday and had so much fun doing that. I always use the Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix and make my own icing. This icing recipe never disappoints. I use it every time!


Sugar Cookie Icing
{Allrecipes.com}

1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
Assorted food coloring

Stir together confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and almond extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup. (I always add more.) Divide into separate bowls and add food coloring to your desired intensity. Ice cookies.

///

Oh how I love this...


///

I hope everyone is having a great day, and I sincerely hope no one reading this has ever had or ever gets Hand, Foot, & Mouth! It is not for the weary...hoping our house is well soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment