Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Cauliflower, White Bean, & Feta Salad

I've been MIA lately, and I'm planning on posting a life update tomorrow! But today I wanted to share an amazing new salad I made yesterday. I'm always on the hunt for easy lunch options, and I've found that if I have something made up at the beginning of the week, the lunch rush is that much easier. Plus this is healthy and filling, and the combination of flavors and textures was a big winner in my book. I loved the addition of lemon and thought it went so well with the herbs!
 

Cauliflower, White Bean, & Feta Salad
{Epicurious.com}

1/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 medium head of cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets (about 3 cups)
1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained
2 large heads of Belgian endive, trimmed, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
 
Combine olive and rosemary in small saucepan. Stir over medium heat just until fragrant, about 1 minute. Cool.

Whisk lemon juice, vinegar, lemon peel, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
 
Combine cauliflower, beans, endive, chives, parsley, and rosemary oil in medium bowl; toss. Mix in cheese. Add lemon juice mixture and toss to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper.
 
///
 
I hope everyone has a good day. Look forward to catching y'all back up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment