Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza

I love a good pizza as much as the next person...who can resist carbs + loads of cheesy goodness? I can't...
 
I tried this Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza last week, and it did not disappoint. Rob even deemed it "the best pizza I've ever had," which is saying a lot because Rob loves to eat.
 
It was easy to make; the flavors were sweet and spicy; there was plenty of cheese involved, and the colors were pretty.
 
I doubled the recipe and bought two premade pizza crusts. I've tried to make my own dough before, and it hasn't turned out well...for me or the dough. So I'll conquer that mountain another day. For now I'm perfectly happy with a premade crust. And in the end I made two pizzas, and we ate pizza for three nights...win!
 

Homemade BBQ Chicken Pizza
{Sally's Baking Addiction}
 
Pizza crust (homemade or store bought)
1/3 cup + 2 Tablespoons your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Chipotle, and it was perfect)
1 cup cooked, sliced chicken breast (I used a shredded Rotisserie chicken which was perfect for 2 pizzas)
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2/3 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Chopped cilantro, for topping
 
Directions:
 
Preheat oven according to directions for homemade or premade pizza dough/crust. For mine, I used a premade crust and followed the directions on the package. That included preheating the oven to 450 degrees and brushing the dough with olive oil before adding on additional ingredients. Once ready, I placed the pizza on the middle of the rack (no pan or cookie sheet) and baked for 8-12 minutes, watching it closely. If you use a homemade crust, follow those instructions.
 
For the pizza toppings:
 
Toss 2 Tablespoons of BBQ sauce with the cooked chicken to coat and set aside.
 
Top the crust with BBQ sauce. Add more or less depending on your taste. Then layer on the shredded mozzarella, then the chicken, then the gouda, then the onion slices.
 
Bake as directed while watching closely.
 
Top hot pizza with fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
 
///
 
I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment