Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Black-Eyed Pea Dip

Happy New Year, guys! Hope everyone has had the happiest start to their year so far. A few days in, and 2017 has been good to us!
 
I made this dip for the first time on New Year's Eve, intent on the fact that we'd have enough left over to have some on New Year's Day so we could get our serving of lucky black-eyed peas in for the new year. Wrong. Rob and I ate the entire dish in one sitting. Not even joking. The flavor combination is just really good, and it's not too heavy. Next time I'll double the recipe! I served it with tortilla chips for dipping, but I think Wheat Thins would be good too.
 
 
Black-Eyed Pea Dip
{The Pioneer Woman}
 
1 can (14-ounce) black-eyed peas
1/4 white onion, chopped fine
1/4 cup sour cream
8 slices jarred jalapenos (I skipped this step because I used black-eyed peas that already had jalapenos in them)
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
3 Tablespoons salsa
Hot Sauce, to taste
Salt and Pepper, to taste
 
Directions:
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain black-eyed peas and mash them with a fork, leaving some whole. Add all other ingredients, and stir to combine.
 
Spread into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.

 
 ///
 
Our holiday fun comes to a sudden jolt today as both girls start school back. Wah! I'm going to miss the tar out of them while they're away...but I also might have a clean house, so there's that! :) Hope everyone has a great day...

No comments:

Post a Comment