Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas 2016 Recap

Well that happened fast, didn't it? I'm usually a little bummed when Christmas is over, but this year I seem to be more OK with it. Maybe I'm just ready for a fresh start and a new year? Anyone else? 2016 has been a doozy, #amiright?
 
We had a really happy Christmas, despite the fact that I am still sick...going on 8 weeks, folks. I'm on round 3 of steroids and round 6 (yes, 6!) of antibiotics. Y'all can thank me for the slew of antibiotic-resistant bugs out there. Mercy. But, I do feel like I'm getting better, and I'm seeing an ENT next week to evaluate why I can't seem to get well. So, onward! And enough about that...
 
Our festivities started when my older sister, Chris, and her kids came into town a few days before Christmas. They were only able to be here for the day, but it was SO good to see them. We met over at Pop and J's to visit, exchange presents, and eat a yummy meal.

 
 
Pop and J gave Lily and Hadley a Baby Alive doll, which they both wanted so badly. Y'all, these things are so funny, but the girls love them, and that's all that matters!

 
Hadley got dinosaurs from Aunt Chris, Alec, and McKenna, and she was in absolute heaven!
 
 


On Christmas Eve we normally go to church, but because I wasn't feeling great we stayed home and just took it easy around here. The girls opened their matching Christmas pajamas and opened their presents from one another.
 


 
Then it was time to put on their Christmas pajamas, sprinkle reindeer food on the lawn, and put out cookies for Santa!
 


 
Mom and Dad stayed up late prepping for Santa...we knew the girls would be excited, so that made it that much more fun for us! Below are Lily's Santa presents.
 
 
 
 
And now some of Hadley's things!
 
 
 
 
 
The girls slept until 7, and by that point Rob and I were too excited so we got them up!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This picture cracks me up...I promise they were happy, and we had a really special day!
 
 
Daddy had some help opening his present from the girls...some new shoes!
 
 
After we finished our presents, we had a Christmas Day feast. Sausage pinwheels, fruit with the world's easiest dip on the side (see below for recipe), cinnamon rolls, and our annual Christmas Day Breakfast Casserole...I've tried many a breakfast casserole, and this one is always my favorite. Recipe below!
 
 
 
Pop and J came over a little later and opened their gifts from us. Teddy was in the Christmas spirit and gave Pop some extra Christmas love.
 
 
We spent the rest of the day lounging and overeating; the girls played with their toys, and we watched "A Christmas Story" about seven times! It was a perfect day with family, and I'm grateful for every second.
 
The day came to a close, and Lily was excited to wear her new Peppa Pig nightgown...and even more excited to dress her new doll, Camille, in a matching gown.
 
 
Rob took the girls to visit his parents the next day, and I was planning on going but ended up back at the doctor instead. I decided to stay home and rest, and I missed everyone so much, but I'm glad I had that time to rest and recover.
 
So that's a wrap! Christmas 2016 is in the books. I hope everyone reading had a happy day with their loved ones. Are y'all looking forward to a fresh start as much as I am? And have y'all taken your tree down yet? We're guilty!
 
Lastly, I'll leave you with this...I imagine we can all relate!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment