Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Life Lately

So, this morning Lily's class at school is going to the pumpkin patch, and I'm so excited to tag along. I love seeing my children in their environment, interacting with their friends and teachers.
 
And then this afternoon my realtor and I are looking at lots of houses. I'm not going to lie, it was a big (BIG) let-down to not ultimately get the house we put a bid on. I've finally moved on, though, and am excited to see more today. I've said before, and it's true...at the end of the day it's just a house...but I am a nester and love having a house that feels like a home. I hope we can find that.
 
///
 
Hadley is always opening and closing our dishwasher, and I sometimes find random things placed inside. Yesterday, I found this. Ha...I think this is a sign we have too many pumpkins at our house!
 
 
///
 
I'm in a Bible study on Tuesday mornings, which I love...yesterday was my turn to bring food, and I brought a breakfast casserole and Halloween bark. Random combination, but I thought it might end up being a little something for everyone! I made another batch of Halloween bark and omitted the candy corn but added pistachios. Yum. The saltiness of the pistachios was just right. And this breakfast casserole is the best. We typically make it every Christmas morning. Such a fun tradition I love continuing.
 

 
Breakfast Casserole
{Batesville, Mississippi, cookbook...don't have the title or author!}

2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup uncooked quick grits
4 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk,
1/2 teaspoon dried whole thyme
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
2 pounds mild sausage, cooked, crumbled, and drained (I used 1 pound mild/1 pound hot)

Bring water and salt to a boil; stir in grits. Return to a boil; reduce heat. Cook 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine grits and cheese in a large mixing bowl; stir well until cheese is melted.

Combine eggs, milk, thyme, and garlic salt. Mix well. Add a small amount of hot grits mixture to egg mixture, stirring well. Stir egg mixture into remaining grits mixture. Add cooked sausage, stirring well.

Pour into a greased 12 x 8 x 2 inch baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator and let stand 15 minutes.

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes.
 
///
 
We've been spending every afternoon outside these past few days. Below is Hadley's model pose. There's nothing cuter, to me, than a toddler in TOMS. Lily has always been particular about her shoes (all of my friends know this...she was especially fond of the socks and sandals combination)...I bought these TOMS for her when she was 2-ish, and she refused to wear them. Thankfully, Hadley has loved them.
 

And then...what a gift...sisters holding hands. My heart could burst.

 
///
 
The Instagram account @Socalitybarbie does it again...can't stop laughing over this one...
 
 
///
 
Lastly, a quote from one of my favorite authors, Frederick Buechner...
  
 
///
 
I hope everyone has a happy day...


No comments:

Post a Comment