Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Life Lately

Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've posted a Life Lately, and these are some of my favorite posts to write. We've been doing really well, and I hope life is treating all of you much the same!
 
///
 
First things first, many of you know my Dad relapsed for the second time this past summer. He's been on a newer chemotherapy regimen since then (with few side effects, thankfully!) and has already had one clean scan. We found out this past weekend that he had his second clean scan, meaning no signs of lymphoma were evident! I know many of you have been there, so I know you get it when I say it feels like we can breath again! We are truly filled with joy.
 
Dad celebrated his birthday last week, and we celebrated by meeting Lily at her school for lunch. She was so excited, and her classmates gave him the warmest welcome, complete with songs and dancing! It was so sweet.

 
 ///
 
Lily's 6th birthday is coming up this month (can y'all believe it's February?!), and I'm in the throws of putting together her party. We have typically done small, family get-togethers, but now that Lily's a big kindergartener, she wanted something that included all of her new friends. So that's what she's getting! We're having a Trolls theme, and there are so many cute decoration ideas out there. The party is going to be at a local bounce gym, so that takes much of the pressure off! I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible. Do kids really care if there are fun centerpieces on the table? I don't think so. :)
 
///
 
My sweet friends at Little Cosmetics sent the girls some pretend nail polish and pretend lipstick, and they are hooked. I've never seen fake makeup that looks so real! And the nail polish is really cool because it moves around in the bottle, but nothing comes out...like magic! The brush can be dipped in the bottle, but no liquid touches the brush, meaning nothing transfers to the skin so it's completely mess-free! Mama gets to keep her nice makeup intact, and the girls get to pretend to be big girls. Winning! P.S. This would make a really darling Valentine's Day happy!


 
 ///
 
Lily's school celebrated their 100th day not too long ago, and it was such fun! I found the wig, glasses, shawl, and pin at Party City. I don't know about y'all, but I'm hopeful that I look this good at 100!

 
 And Hadley was not a fan of the wig. Ha!

 
 ///
 
We also celebrated Rob's birthday at the end of January, and he had a really good day with us spoiling him as much as possible. I gave him a pair of designer jeans (yeah, yeah...I know...), but he needed them! Anyone else's hubby wear jeans that were cool in the 90s but not so much anymore? And I mean that with love! :) He actually really likes them, and the fit is great.
 
The girls love their Daddy...we are really fortunate. He is a fabulous husband and father.

 
 Rob isn't a huge sweets fan, so I didn't bake him a cake. But I'm a firm believer that you have to blow out a candle on your birthday. Individually-wrapped Hostess cupcakes for the win.

 
 ///
 
We finally hung curtains in our keeping room, and I am loving the way they turned out. For those interested, they're the RITVA curtains from Ikea (I linked them below). We don't have a local store here, but Ikea does ship some items. Shipping was a little high (maybe $10?), but the low price and quality of the curtains more than made up for shipping costs. Seriously, a pair costs $34.99, and most importantly, they're long! Too long...118 inches! It's so hard to find long curtains these days that don't cost an arm and a leg.

RITVA Curtains

///

I recently picked up these sneakers for Lily in both the Rose Gold and the Silver colors. They are perfect, and they're less than $14 right now! She loves slip-ons, and I love inexpensive shoes for her because she puts some wear on them!

Perforated Metallic Slip-Ons

///

I've got a full day of grocery shopping, laundry, and taking a trip to Office Depot to get Lily's invitations printed. I hope everyone has a happy, happy Wednesday!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment