Monday, June 5, 2017

A Little Bit of This...

I'm back with another installment of A Little Bit of This...where you'll see just how all over the place I am! :)

But first things first, how was everyone's weekend? I worked on Saturday, and it was a full day...physically and emotionally. Yesterday it was so good to go to church with my family and to spend the rest of the day just being together...you know, doing the things we so often take for granted.
 

///

I've shared the good news on Instagram and Facebook but wanted to let everyone here know as well that I was accepted to the rewardStyle program! This was a goal of mine from the get-go, for a lot of reasons. RewardStyle is an affiliate program that makes your links shoppable. That means if you click on one of my links and then make a purchase, I'll receive a small commission. I'm all about transparency, so if you have any questions or input, I'm all ears! I plan on posting more about the program soon to help my readers better understand what it's all about.

///

Has anyone read Option B by Sheryl Sandberg? It's on my to-read list next, and I'm looking forward to it. I read a wonderful essay by her, and I imagine the book is full of even more wisdom. 

You can read the essay here.

Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy

*Side note: when doing a Google search to find an image of the book cover to share above, I googled Plan B instead of Option B. Please tell me I'm not the only one who gets things mixed up so easily!*

///

I am trying really, really hard to eat better. I'm the queen of snacking, and I pretty much love any kind of carb. I've always been able to eat most anything I wanted without any repercussions (annoying, I know), but I feel like it's finally catching up to me at 36. Wah. Anyway, I'm also just trying to be more aware of what I'm putting in my body, and I'm trying to focus more on protein. I picked up these snacks at the grocery store recently. Any high-protein snacks y'all would add to my list? And, Noosa yogurt is my new favorite. Holy smokes that stuff is good! I buy a new flavor each time we're at the store!


///

I know most of y'all have heard of LipSense by now. It's a long-lasting lipstick that comes in tons of pretty shades, and I'm hooked. I don't sell it, but I have a good friend who does! If anyone wants to try it, Kim is your go-to! You can connect with her here

I'm wearing Aussie Rose in the picture below. I also love Sassy Z (a deeper pink than Aussie Rose), and I just purchased Apple Cider.


///

We had Sloppy Joes and Broccoli Salad for dinner last night...a perfect summer meal with plenty of leftovers. I've shared both recipes before, and you can find them below!

Sloppy Joes & Broccoli Salad

///

How cute is this necklace? It's only $16.99, and I'd wear it with denim shorts, a white tee, and my trusty Birks. Easy summer outfit.

Layered Necklace with Strung Sequins

///

I'm one of those lucky peeps who has keratosis pilaris (tiny bumps on the backs of my upper arms and upper legs). There's no sure-fire way to lose them for good, but exfoliating in the shower helps smooth my skin and makes me a lot less self-conscious. I stumbled upon this scrub at Target, and it's my new favorite. It smells heavenly, and it leaves my skin so soft.

 Alba Body in the Buff Scrub

///

Lastly, a Monday funny. I hope everyone has a great day. I'm trying my darndest to be a better blogger so keep checking in. Hope to have some good stuff up in the days and weeks ahead!
 

///
 

No comments:

Post a Comment