Thursday, June 8, 2017

Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken

Holy smokes, this was probably one of the easiest things I've ever made...and it was so yummy, guys! Rob said it was his new favorite way to have tacos. Winning!

I know everyone and their brother has heard of Skinnytaste, but this was my first time making one of her recipes. I was so impressed and can't wait to try out more of her stuff.

Has anyone made this before? Any other Skinnytaste recipes you love and recommend?

///
 
 
Crock Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
{Skinnytaste}

1 1/2 pounds raw, skinless chicken tenders
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt, to taste
16 oz. Roasted Salsa Verde (I used the Herdez brand)

Season chicken with garlic powder, oregano, cumin, and salt and place in the bottom of a slow cooker. Cover chicken with salsa verde and cook on high for 2 hours. After 2 hours, remove chicken from pot and shred. Remove 2/3 cup of liquid in the pot and discard or set aside. Place shredded chicken back into the crock pot and stir to combine with remaining salsa. Adjust seasoning if needed and keep warm until ready to serve.
 
 
I served our chicken with corn tortillas and a few toppings. I've found the best way to heat corn tortillas is to stack and wrap them in a damp paper towel, then microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
 
Spoon chicken mixture over tortillas. Any other toppings are up to you, but I thought a dollop of sour cream kind of calmed down the spicy chicken. I also added a slice of avocado to each taco, along with cilantro (from our garden!), and a few pickled jalapenos.
 
We're having this again tonight, and I'm honestly counting down the minutes until dinner!
 
And below is a pic of the brand of salsa verde I used. I thought it was great.
 

///

Hope y'all have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment