Thursday, January 14, 2016

7-Can Soup

I've always been a big fan of The Pioneer Woman...I think she makes really tasty, comfort food, and there's nothing I love more when it's chilly out. I ran across this recipe for her soup recently and figured it was too good to be true. Seriously, Hadley could make it if she could just master the can opener. When I first read the recipe, which calls for Velveeta cheese, I thought, "Yuck." But I promise you it's good and creamy, and you'll want to make it again and again.
 
Disclaimer...if you're a health food nut, this recipe is probably not for you. I live by the old adage, "Everything in moderation." Side note: my Dad used to always tell me growing up, "Everything in moderation except for drugs and cigarettes, Lindsey." :) Another Dad-ism for you. This soup would probably give you your month's worth of sodium intake in one spoonful, and it's made with a can of Hormel chili (gasp!). But if you're pressed for time and need something easy and good, this is it, friends. Just take an extra multivitamin the day you make this! ;)
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 7-Can Soup
{The Pioneer Woman}
 
1 can meat-only chili
1 can (15 ounce) kidney beans
1 can (15 ounce) pinto beans
1 can (15 ounce) black beans
1 can (15 ounce) diced tomatoes
1 can (15 ounce) corn (I used fiesta variety)
1 can (10 ounce) Rotel
Salt And Pepper, to taste
8 ounces Velveeta, cubed
 
Directions
 
Without draining the cans, empty the corn, chili, kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, tomatoes and tomatoes with green chilies into a large pot over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes to bring all the flavors together. Add salt and pepper as needed. (I used pepper but didn't think any salt was needed.)

Dice the cheese and stir it into the soup until melted. Serve immediately. We served ours with a dollop of sour cream and cilantro for garnishing. I added tortilla chips to the side for dipping.
 
///
 
I've got to get busy...we're moving tomorrow, and if you looked at our house you wouldn't be able to tell we're moving in 24 hours. Hope everyone has a happy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment