Thursday, January 7, 2016

Life Lately

We have been busy in the new year! My current life has existed of getting our new house ready for the move/packing up our current house for the move...and good news...we have a date! We're moving next Friday, January 15...#thingsjustgotreal
 
And for those who have asked, here's a picture of our new house...we really love everything about it, and our plan is to stay in it for the long haul. I can't wait to get to know our new neighbors and to enjoy exploring the area around us.
 
  
///
 
I worked this past Saturday, and it was a doozy. Without saying too much, I'll just state that I was quickly reminded how important it is to have a living will. Because if you don't and are unable to make decisions for yourself, your next of kin will...and we don't always see eye-to-eye with our loved ones. Anyway, it's hard to think about, and may even seem morbid, but it's so important and has the potential to spare a lot of heartache in the end.
 
///
 
The girls started school back on Monday, and we're all happy to be back in a routine. The holidays were really special for us this year, and as much as I love Christmas (seriously...love!), I'm also happy to start the new year, feeling like the world is my oyster! ;)
 
///
 
I had all intentions of composing a list of resolutions, but I never got around to it. I love the idea of resolutions and setting goals for oneself and so forth...hmm...maybe next year! I do, truly, want to give up Diet Coke, but I'm not ready just yet. I know that it can't be good for me, but it's my daily afternoon treat, and I'm hooked. I might save it for Lent.
 
 
///
 
When I start to get bummed about the fact that the holidays are over, all I have to do is turn on my TV. Hello return of Downton Abbey and The Bachelor! First things first, I'm so sad that this is the last season of Downton Abbey...it's such a good show and unlike anything else I watch. I'm going to miss the characters so much when it ends.

 
 And then there's The Bachelor. I think Ben is obviously a good guy, and he's definitely handsome...but I think he's so boring! I don't know, I just like a little more pizzazz in my guy...thank goodness I found Rob! :) My favorites so far are Lauren B. and Caila. And Lace...just kidding...and now I am further convinced that Becca's jaw is wired shut. I have never in my life seen someone open their mouth so little when speaking. I first noticed it on Chris's season, and it's even worse this season. Yikes...
 
Lauren B.
 

Caila
 
///
 
Does anyone follow the Instagram account Drake On Cake? I'm obsessed. Joy the Baker out of New Orleans is the author, and she puts Drake lyrics on cakes...genius...and hilarious...
 

 
///
 
I got a gift card from Target for Christmas, and along with some of the essentials, I picked up some other fun things on a recent trip!! That should be my resolution...stop buying unnecessary items at Target!
 
Is this beach tote not the cutest thing you've ever seen? I got it for both girls to share this summer...will work as a beach bag or even an overnight bag. I love the pattern.
 

If you put a real-life photo of an animal on a T-shirt, I'm pretty much sold. I adore this one I picked up for Lily.

 
Who else agrees that the narwhal is the most underrated animal on the planet? It's like the unicorn of the ocean.

Girls' Long Sleeve Narwhal T-shirt 

My girls live in leggings. These are just the cutest. Love the colors and donuts...umm, yes please.

 
I picked up these pajama pants for myself. Thought they were too cute.
 
 
///
 
Shoes are probably my weakness. Well shoes and purses. OK...shoes, purses, and jewelry...and sunglasses. I saw these shoes on a fellow blogger, and I knew I had to have them...they're a cross between a bootie and a high top sneaker, and they're leopard. They're super comfy and make me feel a little more hip than I am. Ha!
 
 
///
 
I need to stop snacking so much in the new year, but I'm like a squirrel...always snacking (aren't squirrels the animals that snack throughout the day? Or do I have that wrong?). Below are two of my recent favorites I've picked up. I found both at my local Kroger.
 

 
///
 
I've started collecting wine glasses. I love mixing and matching them...the more eclectic, the better! I just picked up this set from World Market with some Christmas money. I think they look way more expensive than they are, and I love a stemless glass.
 
 
///
 
Santa brought me some bracelets that I've had on repeat lately. The one on the far left is Kendra Scott, and the three bangles on the right are by Alex and Ani. The "L" and the "H" stand for my girls, Lily and Hadley.

 
/// 
 
Lastly, I've mentioned before that I follow a lot of interior designers on Instagram. Dina Holland Interiors is probably my favorite. You'll see why below...a nook in her bedroom. I'm swooning over every element but especially that artwork...gah...
 
 
///
 
This post was a whole lot of random, but that's kind of me...haha...hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Your new home is gorgeous!! Can't wait for a house tour once you settle in. Congratulations. Moving with little ones is hard, but exciting too. I'd like one of everything you found at Target - especially that bag for the girls. Those Brookside chocolates are my favorite. I love the blueberry/acai flavor and have been known to consume way too many packages. Did you know they sell them in bulk at Sams? Dangerous :) Your Christmas gifts are really pretty and I love your style inspiration photo. It's going to be so fun to decorate a new place. Happy New Year!! Hope 2016 is filled with blessings for your family.

    ReplyDelete