Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Life Lately

Well, we got moved, and let me just say this...it is not for the faint of heart. The amount of things we've accumulated over the years is astounding! I asked one of the sweet movers if he thought I was a hoarder, and he laughed and said, "No." I think he was being polite.
 
Anyway, we are slowly but surely getting settled in our new home, and we are really loving it. It's been nice to have a little more space, and even though it's been pretty frigid here, the girls have enjoyed the backyard. I like to have things "perfect" immediately, so I've had to let that go and remember that this is going to be a process...a very long process.
 
We have already met some of our neighbors, and they are just the nicest. That was one of our biggest requirements when moving...finding a neighborhood that had a community feel. One of our neighbors already stopped by with the yummiest treats for us, and she brought along two of her daughters...one is Lily's age, and they had the best time playing! I felt like that was an answered prayer.
 
I'm thinking about taking photos of the house as it is now and posting some before and after shots. I think most people can't have everything they want in their home overnight...we plan to add and update over time. One of my first priorities is to get curtains for the living room. I normally buy from Pottery Barn or West Elm, but I'm thinking about trying out the Ikea panels. I've heard nothing but rave reviews, and I like that they're a simple white linen. You can't beat the price, either. Thoughts? I'd definitely choose a black or brushed metal curtain rod.
 
///
 
I've really enjoyed styling our bookshelves. That's one of my favorite things to do...and nothing says my priorities are in order like styling the bookshelves before putting sheets on the beds! ;)
  

 
///
 
We have wood floors throughout and needed rugs for many of the rooms. We ordered several from Rugs USA, and we were so impressed with the quality and the price. They were 80% off when we purchased! I wanted something dark for the playroom/guestroom so it wouldn't show any stains, but I also wanted something whimsical and fun. I love what we chose. My life motto is, "You can never have too much purple."
 
 
///
 
We went to church on Sunday, and I kept Hadley's nursery for the Sunday School hour. On the way home from church, I looked in the backseat (Rob was driving) and caught the image below. Sweet sisters.
 
 
///
 
I've found a new Instagram account to follow, and I'm obsessed. Meet Celeste Barber. She recreates celebrity pictures to poke fun of how ridiculous they look sometimes! And my favorite so far...
 
 
///
 
And lastly I'll leave you with this funny...
 
 
Target...that's where all my money goes...
 
///
 
Hope everyone has a great day...the girls have school, and I'm hoping to get some things accomplished here. Plus Rob turns the big 4-0 tomorrow, so I've got to finalize our birthday plans for him!


No comments:

Post a Comment