Thursday, July 21, 2016

Kidloland: The Cutest App for Toddlers

Today I wanted to share with y'all a darling educational app for toddlers. A rep from KidloLand contacted me to check it out, and I jumped at the chance...my girls don't use tablets very often, and a big reason for that is I don't want their heads buried in a tablet all day. But another reason is I'm overwhelmed with all the app choices out there. How do you know the right ones to choose? KidloLand made it easy for me! I think designated screen time can be a good thing...it can give your children some quiet time, which equals a mini break for mom or dad. And the right app can make learning fun...and we're all more apt to learn if we don't feel like we're being taught.
 
KidloLand was created for children between the ages of 0 and 5. I love that the app offers so many play options. From classic nursery rhymes (the app boasts more than 260 rhymes and educational songs) which scroll the words across the bottom (a big plus for Lily, my 5-year-old, who is learning to read) to alphabet songs (perfect for Hadley who is learning her letters) to more than 100 games and learning activities, there's something for every child.

 
 My girls really enjoyed how much they were able to interact with the app. If they chose the Nursery Rhymes option, they didn't just hear the words to the rhyme. Characters surprised them by dancing, making noises, and coming to life with their touch. They especially loved the parachuting cows from Old MacDonald that would moo every time they were tapped. Seriously, they thought this was the funniest thing ever! And below you'll see Old MacDonald dancing a jig! How cute and bright are the characters?!
 
 
After having fun with the nursery rhymes, Lily and Hadley next checked out the educational songs and learned about:
 
* Animals and their sounds
* Numbers 1 to 100
*  Lullabies
* Fruits and Vegetables
* Colors and Shapes
* Months and Days of the Week
* Vehicles
 
Lily especially liked the Games & Activities section of the app. She was able to choose from more than 100, so this kept her pretty busy! And as a 2-year-old, Hadley is still working on some hand-eye coordination, so many of the activities were perfect for her too. She enjoyed the Jigsaw Puzzle games, which work to develop fine motor and problem solving skills, and would proudly announce "Ta-Da" when she completed one. It was really cute and made this mom smile! I loved helping Lily with the Connect the Dots activities. It reinforced numbers and helped her understand sequencing.
 

 
 
I'm always looking for toys or games for my girls that come well-recommended. KidloLand has been recognized time and time again and has received both an Academics' Choice and a Tillywig Award.
 
If you're interested in downloading the app, you may do so here:
 
 
And here's some really good news...5 lucky readers will win a free, 3-month subscription to KidloLand. All you have to do is:
 
* Follow me on Instagram, here!
* Tag friends on my original Instagram post for additional entries.
* The giveaway will end at 8 p.m. EST Monday night, July 25, and the winners will be announced on Wednesday!
 
** I was gifted a free, one-year subscription (worth $39.99) to KidloLand in return for writing this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. **
 
Finally, Hadley doing Hadley: "Mommy, leave me alone and let me play with my app!"
 
 
///
 
I hope everyone has a great day!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment