Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Our 4th + Classic Pimiento Cheese

Oh we had the best 4th, and I hope y'all did too. I feel like the 4th is just the epitome of summer...time outside, swimming, grilling out, family. I really love it.
 
///
 
We started off the day with donuts from Krispy Kreme. I love a good themed donut.
 
 
 
We spent much of the day just hanging out, getting stuff ready for the evening. We had my parents over for dinner so I was busy cleaning and cooking, and Rob bought some fireworks and sparklers for the girls. I picked up these cute T-shirts and necklaces for them from Target.
 
 
Hadley refuses to take a "normal" selfie...she cracks me up!

 
 
 
 I had to get in on the themed dressing too...love this tee from Madewell.

 
I knew I wanted a light dessert since we were having burgers for dinner, and as I've mentioned several times...I love a good theme. Enter fruit pizza. I've actually never made one before, but I love how it turned out. Tasty and pretty!
 
 
There's not much more I love in the summer than pimiento cheese. We eat it year-round, but it's especially good in the summer. I've shared my recipe for White Cheddar-Chive Pimiento Cheese, but if you're looking for a more classic version, look no further. It's fantastic on a sandwich or just spread on crackers. For an easy appetizer, we cored some jalapeno peppers, and Rob grilled them to reduce some of the heat. Once they cooked, I stuffed them with the pimiento cheese. Such a good appetizer!
 
 
Classic Pimiento Cheese
{Southern Living magazine}
 
1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons cream cheese, at room temperature
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar (I used lemon juice)
1 1/2 teaspoons dried mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons finely grated onion
8 ounces coarsely shredded extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese
8 ounces coarsely shredded sharp yellow Cheddar cheese
 
Stir together first nine ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth. Stir in onion. Fold in pimiento and cheeses. Cover and chill 8 to 12 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes, and stir well before serving.
 
///
 
I hope everyone has a great day! Thank you for your kind messages yesterday...they truly warmed my heart and brought me peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment