Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Street Corn Salad

I found this recipe in the July issue of Southern Living magazine, and I knew I wanted to try it. I'm always looking for good side dishes to serve with summer food (burgers, sandwiches, grilled chicken, kabobs, etc.), and this one fit the bill.
 
I tried this last week and served it with homemade tacos. We absolutely loved it. And to top it all off, once put together the colors are vibrant and bold...and y'all know I always like my food to look pretty. The radishes offered some nice crunch to the salad, and the cilantro added a little spice in my opinion. Yum yum.
 
 
Street Corn Salad
Southern Living magazine
 
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons olive oil
4 cups fresh corn kernels
1 cup thinly sliced radishes
1 cup cherry tomato halves
1/3 to 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese (or feta)
 
Combine first 4 ingredients; whisk in olive oil. Stir together corn, radishes, and tomatoes in a medium bowl. Gently stir in dressing; spoon mixture onto a serving platter, and sprinkle with cheese.
 
///
 
I hope everyone has a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment