Thursday, August 25, 2016

Tzatziki Pasta Salad

When Pinterest first came out, I pinned stuff nonstop. And now I hardly get on there anymore. Anyone else? I did look through my food board the other day and wrote down some recipes I want to try. This Tzatziki Pasta Salad was one I had pinned years ago, and I finally made it earlier in the week. It was so good! Rob's been out of town for work so I've been eating it for lunch and dinner. It's filling enough on its own, but it'd make a great entrĂ©e if you just add some chicken or shrimp. I especially loved the homemade tzatziki dressing...it was so light and yummy, and I'll probably use it as a sauce or dressing for other Greek dishes too!
 
 
Tzatziki Pasta Salad
{The Recipe Critic}
 
1 (16 oz.) package penne pasta
1 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
2 cucumbers, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced (I used a jar of sundried tomatoes instead...the kind packed in oil, which I drained and chopped)
1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup olive oil
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
**I also added in a jar of artichoke hearts, which I drained and chopped.**
**I also added in thinly sliced red onion, because I like it!**
 
 
Directions:
 
Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large sized bowl. Add kalamata olives, cucumbers, cherry or sundried tomatoes, feta cheese, artichoke hearts (if using), and red onion (if using).
 
In a small bowl whisk the Greek yogurt, olive oil, chopped dill, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic. Add to the large bowl and toss all ingredients together. Chill for one hour before serving. (It tastes so much better once it's had time for the flavors to meld together, and I think it's also better as a cold salad!)
 
///
 
Enjoy! Hope everyone is having a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment