Thursday, September 1, 2016

Black Bean Burgers

I recently ran across this recipe for The Pioneer Woman's Black Bean Burgers, and I knew I wanted to try them. The reviews were great, and they looked simple...plus, we're always trying to find ways to add more protein to our diet.
 
I made these last night, and they were amazing. Rob is a huge carnivore and even he loved them! They were easy to patty up, and the patties kept their shape. I doubled the recipe and came up with 9 patties total. That's two nights worth of meals plus leftovers to freeze. #winning
 
Hope y'all enjoy them as much as we did!
 
 
Black Bean Burgers
{The Pioneer Woman}
 
2 cups black beans, drained and mashed with a fork
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated white onion
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
Salt and pepper
Olive oil, for oiling pan
 
Mix together the beans, breadcrumbs, onions, chili powder, egg, and some salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Form the mixture into patties.
 
Preheat a pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Cook the burger 4 minutes per side. Serve on a toasted bun with desired toppings. I spread chipotle mayonnaise on both sides of the bun and let a slice of Havarti cheese melt over the burger. I also added fresh lettuce. It was perfection!!

///

Hope everyone has a great day! It's September!!

No comments:

Post a Comment