Monday, March 20, 2017

Our Spring Break + Weekend Update

Happy Monday, friends! Our Spring Break is officially over, and I'm pretty bummed. We had the best week, truly. I loved the slower mornings and the non-existent schedules. And then the extra time with my girls is priceless, always.
 
Below is a big peak into our week.
 
///
 
Lily is headband-obsessed and loves coordinating them to match her outfits. She wore this Trolls-inspired one nearly every day and wanted to sleep in it too!
 
 
Found my sweeties snuggled up in Hadley's bed one morning. I hope they'll always share secrets with one another.

 
The weather for most of the week wasn't the best. So we made a pillow pad and watched the Trolls movie only about a billion times.
 
 
We went to the Natural Science Museum with my parents one afternoon and loved seeing all the creatures that live around us. After the museum we stopped by our local soda fountain and had milkshakes and french fries.
 
 
 
 
 
True to form, Hadley couldn't wait to pet an alligator. Lily wouldn't step near it.

 
 

We also ate our weight in donuts. Seriously. We picked donuts up three mornings, and they were worth every calorie!

 
So I've never made homemade Play-doh but figured it was past time for us to give it a whirl! And now we're hooked! It was so fun to mix it all together and to add the food coloring. We also added glitter to make it extra fun. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know, and I'll be happy to share.

 
 
We have a pond in our neighborhood, and we spent many a day looking for turtles and gathering wildflowers.
 
 
 
Saturday was the annual St. Paddy's Day Parade, and it's a pretty big deal for our state. Size-wise, I think it's one of the biggest parades in the U.S. It's always fun to see everyone decked out in green...and we even caught a few beads.
 
 
 
How funny are their faces below? I think it was a sun in my eyes/stop taking pictures kind of smile.

 
Saturday afternoon I took Lily to a birthday party, and it was a painting party! So much fun! They painted Poppy from the Trolls movie, and it was so cute to see everyone's personality show through on their paintings.
 
 
 
Yesterday we went to church and spent most of the day working in our yard. Rob also finished up a painting project, and it turned out so great! This was my grandmother's dresser from the 60s! We painted it Hale Navy and plan to use it in our bedroom...we're slowly but surely working on a major revamp in there, and I think this piece is going to be a beautiful focal point. We also spray painted the hardware metallic gold.

 
 

So, that was our week in pictures...you know, one day I'm sure we'll vacation over Spring Break, but I'm a big fan of the simple days of just staying home. What did everyone else do? Or have y'all even had your break yet?
 
The girls are at school, and I'm about to work out and do some laundry. Hope everyone has a good week back in the real world! :)
 
///
 


No comments:

Post a Comment