Monday, March 14, 2016

Life Lately

Well, I ended up taking an unexpected blogging break last week while my girls were on Spring Break...it was a much needed, relaxing week for all of us. We slept late(r), had picnics outside when it wasn't raining, watched movies, and did lots of crafts. Sometimes it's nice to not have a schedule and to just be, you know?
 
///
 
Earlier in the week Hadley and I met with her ENT for a follow-up post tubes. We had her hearing checked again, and it was perfect! She didn't pass the prior test in one ear, and I can already tell that tubes have made a difference. She is talking more, and she's piecing more and more words together! We also met with a speech therapist, and we've decided to pursue therapy once a week. I hope I'll learn things that I can carry over at home with her. I'm really excited about all of this!
 
///
 
I continued to work around the house and have been happy with some of my arranging and rearranging. The foyer is coming together, and I'm really loving it.
 
 
///
 
Lily's room is just about finished, and it's probably my favorite room in the house! I mean, it's purple...of course it's my favorite.

 
 
The lights above her bed are from Bright Lab. You can order premade sets or choose your own. Lily got this set for her birthday.
 
Hadley will be transitioning to a big-girl bed sometime soon, so I'm waiting to really work on her room until then. I'm hoping she'll gravitate to a color and theme like Lily has. I love seeing their bedrooms reflect their personalities!
 
///
 
The living room is almost finished...just need to order drapes for the windows and a large piece of artwork for one of the walls. In our old house, I had the hardest time styling the wall behind our sofa. I think I got it just right here. It makes me so happy.
 

I like mixing traditional and eclectic pieces together. I love the whimsy of the mirror and candlesticks paired with the oil painting...which my Granny did. Very special. I'll probably eventually replace the throw pillows with a small leopard lumbar, but for now I like the colors...they're probably too big for the chair, but I'm OK with that. 

 
///
 
I worked on Saturday and had a really good day with some special patients. I had a long conversation with one, and she very candidly spoke about the fact that her disease is aggressive, and her prognosis is grim. She said to me, "But I tell myself...what's the worst that could happen? I could close my eyes and never wake up, but then I'm face to face with Jesus." Talk about chills...I know this may sound cliché, but I learn something meaningful about life each time I work. Those patients open my eyes and heart to so much.
 
///
 
Finally, I'll just share some fun photos from our week off. You know when spring break used to entail trips to the beach with friends, sunburns, and beers on the sand? This was/is so much better. My heart is full.
 
 This little one will eat almost anything as long as she has something to dip it in...her current favorites are ketchup and salsa. She even dips her apples in ketchup. Ha!
 

 I've figured out Snapchat and am having way too much fun with the filters. I don't post snaps (aren't I too old for that?), but I do follow some celebrities and fashion/interior design bloggers. What can I say, I think it's kind of fun!
 



 
///
 
I hope everyone has a happy Monday and a great week. We're about to hit the ground running with school, grocery lists, laundry, life, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment