Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekend Update

Hope everyone had a good weekend...ours was fun, other than me getting a little sidelined with a stinky cold and ear infection. Boo. I went to the doctor late Saturday afternoon and got fixed up and am feeling better now!
 
We went to the St. Paddy's Day Parade on Saturday morning. It's always been a big deal in my hometown, and I love that my girls can now take part in the fun. We weren't prepared for the cold and the wind, but it was just good to be out. And I think we left with one strand of beads. Ha!
 


 
///
 
Sunday the girls and I dyed some Easter eggs. I thought the plastic eggs from Target were a good idea because we could keep them for play, but they're not heavy enough to sit in the dye...so they just bob around and don't get a lot of color on them. We may try the real thing later in the week.
 
 
///
 
We have a neighborhood Easter egg hunt tomorrow night, and sweet Lily hid eggs around the house for Hadley, to get her prepared for the real deal.
 
 
///
 
Our pillows for the new couch came in last week, and I'm so happy with the way they turned out! The orange pillow is from my local HomeGoods, and the others are from Etsy, which I've sourced below.


 
///
 
I did some more work in the playroom/guest room and am very pleased with how it's turning out.
 
 The purple fur pillow is from HomeGoods.
 
I wanted an easy way to display the girls' artwork, and I love the color it adds to the wall. I just nailed some twine to the wall (very tightly), then added small clothespins. Now we can change out the art whenever we like.
 
 
///
 
And now just some random snapshots from around the keeping room and kitchen.
 


 
///
 
And finally, some memes for your Monday...because they always make my day better! Hope y'all have a good one...
 
 ///
///
 
///
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment