Friday, March 25, 2016

Life Lately

I have not felt great this week but am starting to round the corner, I think...shouldn't there be a law somewhere stating that moms shouldn't get sick? I'm reminded of what a good friend of my Dad's says: "Sometimes you've just got to play hurt." Truth.
 
 ///
 
Do any of y'all watch the show Flipping Out on Bravo? It's one of my favorite reality TV shows...Jeff Lewis and his team can do no wrong in my book. I follow his assistant, Jenni Pullos, on Instagram, and I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that she had liked two of my photos this week! Day/week/month/year made!!
 
 
 ///
 
The weather here has been really nice, except for a patch of rain yesterday. The girls and I spent so much time outside this week, which is always good for my soul.
 



 
///
 
This week has been all about Easter. Our neighborhood had an Easter egg hunt on Tuesday night, and it was so much fun! We feel so fortunate to live in a neighborhood that has such a sense of community. Sweet Hadley found zero eggs, so one of the older little boys gave her two of his. I loved that.
 
Hadley's class had their Easter party on Wednesday, and I brought some Easter cookies. I thought they turned out pretty...you can find the simple sugar cookie icing recipe here.


Lily's class had their egg hunt and party yesterday. Even the Easter bunny showed up! Lily: "Mommy, I don't think it was really the Easter bunny because I saw some skin under the fur." Me: "Umm...ugh...argh...I think the Easter bunny has helpers who come down before Easter to help him do his job." Lily: "I think so too." Me: "Phew." ;)




 
 ///
 
Lily had a speech evaluation yesterday and qualifies for speech therapy...so that will start next week. She speaks beautifully but has some trouble with some word blends. Hadley starts speech therapy next week as well (two times a week!), so I'm planning on going back to school to become a speech pathologist. Not really. But maybe I should. I mean, our girls were doomed from the get-go. Rob and I both had to have speech therapy when we were younger! I guess it's in our genes.
 
///
 
I saw these lamps at TJ Maxx earlier in the week and am kind of kicking myself now that I didn't get them. They'd look really pretty on the buffet on our dining room. What do you think? Should I go back and keep my fingers crossed that they're still there?

 
 ///
 
I love the way the morning light comes in our windows.


 
 I've almost finished up this little corner in our keeping room. All that's missing now are some curtains. I'm thinking a white linen just mainly to add some texture. I probably have enough color going on, huh? ;) #colorholic #colorholicsanonymous


 
 ///
 
I'm working tomorrow, then Sunday we'll go to church to celebrate Easter. Afterwards we're having lunch with my parents and will do another egg hunt at their house. I'm thankful today (Good Friday) and every day for the Easter season and what it means. God's grace is an amazing thing.


///

I hope all of you have a happy weekend and a lovely Easter with your family and friends. See y'all back here on Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment