Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Life Lately

It's so crazy that the school year is beginning to wind down...I think we have only 20 days left? With that said, I'm scrambling to think of ideas and activities to keep us busy and happy this summer. It can be hard to entertain two little ones while simultaneously trying to get things done that need to get done (i.e., laundry, meals, errands, housework...). How does everyone find that balance?
 
I think the month of June is going to keep us really busy. I'm helping with Vacation Bible School at our church, and both girls will attend that with me. Then the next week Lily has swim lessons (she can't wait...j/k)...and we're planning on going to the beach the next week! I'm hoping it'll be a fun, memorable summer for all of us.
 
///
 
I went to the doctor on Monday for this awful cough I've had. Turns out I have asthma-induced bronchitis...got some meds and am already feeling better. And as much as I love that steroids clear up inflammation, I hate the side effects. Ugh.
 
///
 
I'm really trying to find the time/motivation to start working out again...I'm not trying to lose weight, but I want to be healthier...and more toned. I started doing a Tracy Anderson arm video (it's less than 4 minutes long!), and it is crazy how much your arms can hurt after such a short time. I guess that means I have a long way to go.
 
 
///
 
I made these carrots as a side for dinner recently, and we loved them. Rob used to be very anti-carrot, but these got him to be a fan. They were simple to make, and I thought the colors were pretty once the dish came together.
 
 
Roasted Carrots with Feta and Parsley
{Martha Stewart}
 
3 pounds medium carrots, cut 1/2 inch thick on the bias
3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
 
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss carrots with oil on a rimmed baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast until carrots are caramelized and tender, about 25 minutes. Transfer carrots to a bowl and toss with feta and parsley.
 
///
 
I've had the hardest time finding a piece of art for our half bathroom. It's probably my least favorite room in our house, only because it's more masculine than I like (the sink is raised and is a rust color, and it sits on a black vanity). Anyway, eventually I'd like to do something different in there...maybe paint the vanity and choose a different sink. But that's not in the cards right now. In the meantime, I've been looking for some art to brighten the space up and to make it a little more fun. I was so excited to find this piece at a local thrift store! It's an original watercolor, and the frame is this beautiful shade of purple. It was just what I was looking for!
 
 
///
 
I'm pretty sure I need this cutting board in my life.
 
 
///
 
I picked up two cute bathing suits for Lily at Target. Can't resist a pineapple, and I love the ruffle sleeve and Hawaiian-esque colors in the second one.
 


I also picked up Chrissy Teigen's cookbook. I've heard great things about it, and her recipes aren't intimidating, which I like. Can't wait to try a few things!
 


///
 
Another day, another smize from Hadley. I'm telling you, she is a ham for the camera. She's got the duck lips down pat!
 


///
 
We went for sno cones after school yesterday. Lily is in her element with a sno cone!
 

 
///
 
I hope everyone has a happy day!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment