Monday, April 18, 2016

Weekend Update

It's been a full few days...
 
We had plans to leave Friday morning to visit Rob's family in north Mississippi. My Dad had been in the hospital the weekend prior with pneumonia but was home and doing fairly well. And then my mom was diagnosed with the flu, and Dad's cough wasn't getting any better. So...our plans were thwarted a little bit, and I ended up staying here so I could help my parents, and Rob and the girls went on to see his family...which worked out well because I was able to focus all my energy on helping my parents out! And I'm so glad I stayed behind...my Dad ended up being admitted to the hospital on Friday, and I was with him most of the day. He's getting fluids and IV antibiotics, and he'll have a procedure this morning to get a sample of his lung tissue...to hopefully find out why he can't get rid of this persistent cough. Anyway, prayers would be much appreciated. He's ready to get home, and we're ready for him to be home. My mom is much better (what'd we do before Tamiflu?), and Rob and the girls came back late Saturday afternoon. It felt so good being able to care for my parents and help them out with a few odds and ends. You know...to slightly pay them back for the first 21 years of my life (and let's be honest...much longer than that!).
 
///
 
Rob and the girls had a great time with his family. My niece posted this photo of Hadley on Snapchat, and I thought it was the cutest.
 
 
///
 
Sunday afternoon Lily and I visited Pop in the hospital, and I think that cheered him up a little. Next I took her to a birthday party at the Children's Museum. What fun...thankful we have such a neat museum in our city.
 
 



 
///
 
After dinner yesterday we spent a lot of time in the backyard...here in Mississippi we have to take advantage of the rare spring days...knowing the stifling summer months are just ahead!
 

 
///
 
I hope everyone had a happy weekend. Thank you for thinking of my family and me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment