Monday, April 25, 2016

Weekend Update

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Here's what we had going on...
 
///
 
First, some wonderful news! My Dad was able to return home on Friday after being in the hospital for a week. His doctor seems fairly confident that his persistent cough is due to a lingering virus, so we're still waiting on the results of those tests for news on how to proceed. He's thrilled to be back at home...and we are so happy to see him there. Thank you to my dear friends and loved ones who prayed for him and for us.
 
///
 
Friday night Rob, the girls, and I had a fun dinner at a local Mexican restaurant. We sat outside and enjoyed the nice weather. Our girls are always sharing hugs. Hope it stays that way forever.
 
 
///
 
I was so sad to read about Prince's sudden death. I have so many good memories of his music and wish I had seen him in concert. It seems like we've lost a lot of really great artists this year. I've loved seeing the tributes pour in for Prince. It's obvious a lot of people were touched by his music. And I loved this picture I saw online...
 
 
///
 
I worked on Saturday and was pulled from my regular floor because the census was low. It's always a little daunting to be pulled, but it turned out to be a good, manageable day. Thank goodness for that.
 
///
 
I've been on the brink of getting a full-blown cold the past few days, and I woke up yesterday with a yucky cough. Needless to say, I didn't have the energy to do too much, but I did finish hanging some pictures in Hadley's room. I've been slow to decorate her room, only because she's still in a crib, and I know we'll be moving her to a big-girl bed in the near future. I'm not sure how her room layout will change once we do that, but that's what spackle and paint is for, right? I picked up a few things for her room from Hobby Lobby and adore how it all turned out.
 
How cute is this stool?


 
The feather picture is from Hobby Lobby, and the fox and bear pictures are from the Pillowfort line at Target.
 
 
The pictures below are from Hobby Lobby, and the porcelain flower is from Target.
 


 
///
 
My girls are obsessed with Kinetic Foam...and I'll admit I like playing with it too. This was Hadley's face yesterday when I told her it was time to put the Kinetic Foam away...ha!
 
 
///
 
I'm thinking about making a trip to the doctor for something to help with this cough...my abs are sore from coughing so much...does that ever happen to anyone else? If anything it's a good core workout, right? Hope everyone has a happy day...



No comments:

Post a Comment