Friday, October 21, 2016

Pizza with Pesto, Fresh Tomatoes, & Mozzarella

Homemade pizza is one of my favorite things to make. It's fun; it's easy, and it usually makes enough for leftovers. We've been grilling out a lot lately, so I've been wanting to try some vegetarian dishes just to balance things out! I found this pizza recipe after a quick Google search, and even my meat-loving husband thought it was wonderful. I also like a simple pizza recipe because you can easily make additions or adjust things to your liking.
 
 
Pizza with Pesto, Fresh Tomatoes, & Mozzarella
{Epicurious.com}
 
6 ounces grated fresh mozzarella
3 plum tomatoes
3 Tablespoons basil pesto (I used jarred, but you can obviously make your own)
Premade pizza crust (the original recipe calls for pizza dough...I can't work with dough without losing my mind, so to save my sanity, I buy the premade pizza crust...and I honestly think they taste just about as good!)
 
Directions:
 
Preheat oven according to directions for homemade or premade pizza dough/crust. Since I used a premade crust I preheated the oven to 450 degrees and brushed the crust with olive oil before adding on the additional ingredients.
 
Coarsely grate mozzarella and cut tomatoes crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick slices. I generously seasoned our tomatoes with salt and pepper.
 
Spread pesto over crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle cheese on top. Layer tomato slices over cheese. I sprinkled extra mozzarella over the tomatoes because #duh.
 
Place pizza on the middle of the oven rack (no pan or cookie sheet) and bake for 8-12 minutes.
 
How easy is that? I doubled the recipe and made two, and we ate on in for two nights! For something so simple, it was absolutely delicious.
 
///
 
Hope all of my friends have a fabulous weekend! Hope to see y'all back here next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment