Monday, October 24, 2016

Weekend Update

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Here's what we had going on...
 
///
 
It f-i-n-a-l-l-y cooled off here on Friday so we spent as much time as possible outside. It was so nice!
 
Before things cooled off (Thursday...), I went with Lily's class to the pumpkin patch. This is usually a favorite thing to do, but it was so darn hot. Like we were sweating, and I overheard many of the kids asking, "When are we going to leave?!?" Nonetheless...we had a good time, and Lily picked out a pumpkin to bring home. And I may skip that field trip next year!
 
 
 
The above picture...I'm wearing glasses because my eyes seem to be rejecting contacts lately. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't like wearing glasses because they make my eyes tired. Anyway, I'm willing to try almost anything. Does anyone have any good tips? Am I just getting old?
 
///
 
I worked on Saturday and had a good group of patients. Rob took the girls to the park and said they had such fun.
 
///
 
Sunday, I skipped church so I could get caught up on some housework. I got a lot done, so that was a good feeling! We painted pumpkins yesterday afternoon, and that's always one of my favorite fall activities! Lily was so precise in painting hers, and Hadley preferred an abstract approach!
 
 
 
 
///
 
The girls helped me make some Halloween Bark yesterday afternoon. It's so darn good, and we've loved making it the past few years. There are tons of variations out there, but this recipe is our favorite.
 
 
Halloween Bark
{The Pioneer Woman}
 
1 package White Almond Bark
16 whole Graham Crackers
Pretzel Sticks, broken in half
Oreo's, chopped
Reese's Pieces
Chopped Pistachios (I didn't use these)
Mini Chocolate Chips
Other miscellaneous ingredients: mini marshmallows, candy corn, M&M's, colored sprinkles, different nuts, broken chocolate bars
 
Directions:
 
Melt the almond bark over a double boiler (I used a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water). Stir until smooth and allow to cool slightly.

Arrange whole graham crackers together on a rimmed baking sheet so that they're butted up against one another. Pour the melted almond bark over the top and use an offset spatula to spread it evenly over the surface.
 
Sprinkle on pistachios, chocolate chips, pretzels, and Reese's Pieces (along with anything else you'd like to add.) Lightly press all the ingredients with the palm of your hand to make sure they're all anchored on.
 
Place the pan in the fridge and allow it to set completely. Break the bark into smaller pieces. Serve on a platter or package in small cellophane bags.
 
I lined a baking sheet with wax paper, so clean up was a breeze. It took only about 3o minutes in the fridge for mine to set, and it easily broke apart into pieces for serving.
 
///
 
We picked up Dominos pizza last night (of all things) and sat outside and ate dinner before it was time for baths and books and bedtime rituals.
 
///
 
I've been wearing these shoes constantly. They are the comfiest slip-on sneakers I've ever had...and y'all know I love some slip-ons.
 
 
///
 
Hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week ahead!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment