Monday, November 30, 2015

Weekend Update

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! I'm so excited that the holidays are in full swing.
 
///
 
We traveled to Senatobia to see my in-laws for Thanksgiving. We left on Wednesday and had a big feast with them that night then came home the following day. It was fun being with them and, as always, we ate entirely too much. We attempted some Christmas card photos while we were there. It took about 100 takes, but we luckily did find one that we like, and I ordered our cards yesterday! I'll share the final product soon. In the meantime, here's one of the many failed versions. Ha! Getting four people to smile and look at the camera at the same time is near impossible.

 
///
 
This sweet girl and I shared a bed when we were in Senatobia...I had to sneak a few photos. I love watching my babies sleep.

 
///
 
I worked on Friday and had a great day...I was pulled to work on another floor, and while no one likes being pulled, it actually turned out to be one of the better days I've had in a long time. I worked closely with one of the doctors that day, and he complimented me on a "good call" I suggested...it's always nice to be recognized...

And on the way to work I caught this sunrise. I love the church steeple in front of the sun coming up...

 
///
 
I woke up Saturday morning to a little girl with a terrible rash around her mouth. Hadley had had a fever on Thanksgiving night, but she was fine on Friday. I took her to the doctor, and the second the nurse saw us she said, "Oh, she has Hand, Foot, and Mouth." Ugh...the doctor confirmed it and said it was one of the worst cases she'd ever seen! Much to my surprise, Hadley has handled it very well! She is still eating, drinking, sleeping, and playing...she is a tough cookie, that one.

 
///
 
Rob went to the Egg Bowl on Saturday night, and I stayed here with the girls and decorated the house for Christmas. So we were all in our element, happy as clams.

 
///
 
We skipped church yesterday and just spent the day continuing to decorate and cleaning up. Decorating for Christmas is a full-time job! Hadley is about the same...her rash looks terrible, but she is hanging in there. We'll be skipping school this week and will probably be hunkered down in the house most of the time. Should be interesting...
 
///
 
There are lots of Cyber Monday sales going on today...I need to do some Christmas shopping, so I hope I can find some good deals. Anyone else doing some shopping from home (my favorite kind) today?
 
///
 
Hope everyone has a great day and a happy week! I plan on sharing our Christmas decorations tomorrow so stay tuned for that! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that Hadley has HF&M. My sister's kids have had it a few times and it's so sad. Hope she makes a quick recovery!! Your tree is beautiful and heavy on the purple - Olive would approve :) We still need to buy our tree and decorate it. Hopefully that'll happen in the next day or two because I'm anxious to get it decorated.

    ReplyDelete