Thursday, December 3, 2015

Our Home at Christmas

I decorated our home for Christmas the other day, and I just love how cozy it feels. It was kind of bittersweet this time, knowing it will be our last Christmas in this house. Picture overload below...enjoy!

///

Our mantle...I like to keep it simple...I used some faux greenery (want to do real one day) and mixed in some battery-operated white lights. I used some silver votives from Target to add a little sparkle, and I added some red berries to a wood vase. I got our stockings from West Elm last year and have loved them so much. I think we'll use these for the long run!
 
 
The green tree and mirror mosaic tree I picked up at Target a few years ago. I wrapped the green tree with some faux red berries. I also pulled out a lot of my Annieglass serving pieces and just filled them with colorful ornaments...a simple, easy, and cheap way to add color!





One of my favorite ways to decorate is to pull out Christmas photos of Lily and Hadley from previous years. I love seeing their pictures with Santa, and it's so fun to add to the collection each year.


This tree was one of our first purchases as a married couple! I begged Rob for a pre-lit tree, and now I regret it. Half of the lights don't work anymore...I'm hoping to score a good deal on an artificial tree post-holidays. Then I'll just string the lights myself.

 
A simple centerpiece on our dinner table.
 
 
My mom started ornament collections for my sisters and me, and one of my favorite things about the holidays is pulling out those ornaments. I collected angels and thimbles, and I've started collections for both of my girls too. I hope it's something they cherish as much as I have.

 
 
We, of course, use a lot of purple in our decorations!

 
One of my manger scenes.

 
 
 
My parents gave me this beautiful manger scene years ago. The girls love playing with the pieces, and I always enjoy seeing how they rearrange everything...

 
 
 
I got this Fisher Price manger scene a few years ago for Lily. It's one of her favorite toys to play with this time of year.



 
Who knew Lalaloopsies were in Bethlehem?!?! 

 
 
 
My grandmother made this angel for me years ago. I keep it out year-round.
 
 
 
 
A purple Christmas tree for Lily's room...this was my Christmas tree when I lived in New York City...bought it at the Urban Outfitters near my apartment!
 


I found this cute pom pom garland in the dollar section at Target. It goes perfectly in Hadley's room and adds some fun holiday flair...I love non-traditional colors for the holidays but am kind of tempted to leave this garland up throughout the year!

 
 
///
 
So there you have it! Hope everyone is enjoying this holiday season as much as we are...Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment