Friday, January 22, 2016

Five Friday Favorites

It's Friday, everyone's favorite day of the week, so I thought I might start a new feature for this special day. Plus, I can't pass down an opportunity for some alliteration!
 
ONE
 
Rob turned 40 yesterday! Seriously, where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that he was turning 30, and I treated him to dinner at The Parker House...we had just started dating, and taking him out for a nice dinner seemed like a bold move on my part...but I guess it worked! ;) Anyway, he's not a big fan of sweets, but I wanted to give him something with a candle (although I tore the house apart looking for a birthday candle and could never find one...#movingprobs)...enter said muffins. They were super easy, filling, and would be great to grab as you're heading out the door for work.
 
 
Scrambled Egg Muffins
{Allrecipes.com}
 
1/2 pound bulk sausage (I used hot)
12 eggs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
**I added a few dashes of red pepper flakes too**
 
Directions
 
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
 
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in sausage; cook and stir until sausage is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink, 10 to 15 minutes; drain.
 
Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix in sausage and cheese. Spoon by 1/3 cupfuls into muffin cups.
 
Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes.
 
TWO
 
I follow Reese Witherspoon on Instagram (love her!), and she shared a painting that I thought was so beautiful...of course I had to look the artist up, and her stuff is divine.
 
 
 
THREE
 
 
This is the view I had pulling out of our neighborhood the other evening...I love where we are because it's kind of a nice mix between city-living and a taste of the country. We're obviously not out in the country, but we're out enough that we have views like this. And it doesn't hurt that we pass horses (and a donkey!) on the way to and from each day.
 
FOUR
 
 
This sweater from Banana Republic. The color! The flutter at the shoulders! It'd be the perfect transition to spring...apparently a lot of other people adored it too, and it's currently sold out. Here's hoping it'll come back online soon...and better yet here's hoping Banana Republic will be offering a 40% off sale soon!
 
FIVE
 
 
I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow and am using this picture as my inspiration. I love the cut and the waves, but I probably won't be able to pull off the waves because I am the absolute worst at fixing my hair. But I may ask my stylist for tips...maybe she can at least make it look cute for the day, and then it'll go back to looking like the hot mess that it normally is! Hence why I always have my hair in a ponytail!
 
///
 
I hope everyone has a great weekend! It might snow here today, which I would love...snow in Mississippi is pretty for about 5 minutes, but we surely do enjoy those 5 minutes! ;) See y'all back here on Monday...I'm working on a Valentine's Day gift guide for men and women so stay tuned for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment