Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Weekend Update & The Golden Globes

Awards season...my absolute favorite. I have loved the glitz and glamour for as long as I can remember. In college, I have so many special memories of watching the awards shows with my grandmother. She lived only about 20 minutes away from where I went to school, and every time an awards show came on I'd spend the night at her house. We'd eat dinner together (she'd usually take me to her local country club), and afterwards we'd watch the show, discussing our favorite gowns of the night. I'm thankful for those good times.
 
I'll do a Golden Globe recap below, but first...a little glimpse into our weekend.
 
It was our last official weekend in our current house...we're moving Friday...yikes! We spent most of our weekend at our new house, unpacking boxes and trying to get everything set up. Rob bought two new TVs (what is it with guys and their TVs?), and he was sweet enough to paint Lily's room. I really love the current colors in the house (white and mint green), but I wanted something fun for Lily's room. She inherited my little sister's bedroom furniture (including a queen sized bed), and I want something very simple as far as a bedspread goes. Probably white with fun sheets and throw pillows. So she helped me pick a light purple color for the walls. I just adore how it turned out. I'd have my whole house purple if Rob would let me. Just kidding...kind of...
 
 
I hope I'm not boring my few readers with all this talk of the new house. But the truth is I'm excited. This is the first house that I helped choose, so it's been a lot of fun for me. I lived in apartments up until Rob and I got married, and when we married I moved into his bachelor pad house. It's been a wonderful home, and I have loved making it my own, but it's also fun getting to start from the ground up, almost! ;)
 
One of the things that sold me on our new house is all the storage options. Storage galore, I tell ya. I love to cook and am excited about the possibility to entertain more. The kitchen has tons of drawers for my serving pieces...and they're truly pieces I treasure. Not to mention the double cabinet to display my wine and cocktail glasses.
 



I've mentioned before, but my parents moved only a month or so ago. They downsized a good bit, and we have been so fortunate to have inherited a lot of their unwanted furniture...mainly things that they just don't have space for anymore. Our new house has a screened in porch, and this outdoor couch from my parents works perfectly out there. I picked up these pillows from Target to make it our own...I just adore the fun colors. Makes me even more ready for spring.
 
 
///
 
I think Ricky Gervais is hilarious...I just love his humor, even though it's often at the expense of others. He's one of those who says things, and you wonder to yourself if it's OK to think it's funny? Like you probably shouldn't laugh...or at least be caught laughing. That said, how awkward was his interaction with Mel Gibson? You could cut the tension with a knife...yikes...I wanted to hide under my couch...and Mel needs to take a break from the tanning beds...his skin looked like leather!
 
 
My favorite moment from the night was Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence presenting. They are really funny together...and I just love that they're real-life best friends. Seems almost too good to be true! Neither of them can really do any wrong, in my book.
 

Now for my favorite fashion from the evening...
 
Hands down my absolute favorite was Jaimie Alexander in Genny. The emerald green against her alabaster skin was just stunning.
 
 
My other favorites...
 
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior. Her hair wasn't my favorite, but that dress and necklace were divine.
 
Zendaya in Marchesa...love the tiers, and the color is so unexpected.
 
Jennifer Lopez in Giambattista Valli. I could've done without the necklace, but the color is stunning. And I love the cape.
 
Helen Mirren in Badgley Mischka. Pure perfection. If only I could look that good at her age!
 
Gina Rodriguez in Zac Posen. At first I was thrown off by the pointy boobs, but now I'm starting to think it gives the dress an edge. I love the color and the pockets too.
 
Laverne Cox in Elizabeth Kennedy. A vision in white. Love the train.
 
Jenna Dewan Tatum in Zuhair Murad Couture. Spectacular...the color, the silver beads, and the pockets...also love the plunging neckline...if you can do it, I say go for it!
 
Amber Heard in Gucci...just stunning. The color and the neckline with the flowers. A show-stopper.

Brie Larson in Calvin Klein Collection...love the cutouts...just wish I had her abs!
 
Rosie Huntington-Whitley in Atelier Versace...another gold dress that I adore...especially love the draping on the top...
 
And then, the worst of the night goes to Katy Perry. It's just so predictable...of course she'd wear something low cut...and the hair is so Elvira/Snooki. Blech...
 
 
///
 
That's it! Although I now have a list a mile long of movies I want to check out...I hope everyone has a great day! I'm making soups this week because it's downright frigid here, and if they're a win I'll share the recipes here. Stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment