Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Favorite Chicken Tacos

So, be forewarned...this is not an earth-shattering recipe...but it is super delicious and easy peasy.
 
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm one of those people who seriously contemplates becoming a vegetarian any time I deal with chicken breasts. I won't go into any more details, I'm just sharing my #truth. Ha...
 
I've always loved a good taco night (preferably with hard shells), and ground beef is always my meat of choice. I wanted to switch things up this time and use chicken, but I didn't want to deal with those pesky breasts. Knowing I can shred the heck out of a rotisserie chicken, that's when I had my light bulb moment. Use a rotisserie chicken, Lindsey! So that's what I did...but I wanted to spice it up a little more and give it more Mexican flavors...and now you'll have to read below for my groundbreaking recipe.
  
 
Favorite Chicken Tacos
 
1) Pull meat off rotisserie chicken and set aside.
2) Shred the heck out of that rotisserie chicken.
3) Preheat oven for hard shells and follow heating directions on the box.
4) Add approximately 2 cups of your favorite salsa (I recommend using a higher quality salsa) to a saucepan and heat over medium.
5) Once salsa is heated (a few minutes), add your shredded chicken and stir.
6) Season with cumin and any other flavors you like. I personally thought cumin was more than enough, and I used about 2 teaspoons.
7) Stir well and let simmer over low heat.
8) Begin prepping toppings...what I used is below...
 
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese (shred it yourself)
Cilantro
Sour cream
Guacamole
Lettuce
Black olives
Salsa
 
9) Once your shells are heated, add the chicken mixture to your shells. Top with Monterey Jack cheese while the chicken is still warm, and it'll melt perfectly. Then add your favorite toppings. Enjoy!!
 
Like I said earlier, I know this isn't groundbreaking...and everyone else has probably been doing it for years...but it was a new thing for me, and we really loved it, so I wanted to share.
 
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment