Thursday, November 26, 2015

A Thanksgiving Staple

It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without my great aunt Ruby's Three Bean Salad. We've had it for years with our Thanksgiving spread, and it's the perfect addition because it's cold and light and very colorful. I now make it throughout the year because I can't wait until the holidays to have it. It's a perfect side to a sandwich, and we make it often to go with burgers or hot dogs. The celery, red onion, and green bell pepper add just the right amount of crunch to the peas and green beans.


Ruby's Three Bean Salad
 
1 can Le Sueur peas, drained
1 can French style green beans, drained
1 green bell pepper finely diced
2-3 stalks of celery finely diced
1 jar pimientos, drained
1 small purple onion finely diced

Dressing

 
1 Tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup canola oil
 
Combine vegetables in a large bowl. Whisk dressing ingredients together and pour evenly over salad. Refrigerate and serve cold.
 
**The original recipe makes a lot of dressing. I usually add at least one more can of peas and green beans to the mix. Add more or less bell pepper, onion, and/or celery to adjust to your liking**
 
///
 
I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving...I am so thankful for my family and friends and for the chance to gather together to celebrate the holidays! We're with my in-laws for the holiday, and I'm working on Friday. Hope to see y'all back here on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment