Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Life Lately

Is anyone else having a hard time believing that next week is Thanksgiving? This fall is going by so fast. I can't believe the holidays are upon us. We are honestly still unsure what our Thanksgiving plans will be. I'm working the day after, and Rob has been so busy with work lately. I can't wait to put our Christmas tree up a few days later. That I do know.
 
///
 
I've been the worst reader lately. But really...how do y'all find time to read and still do the other things in life that need to be done? I could probably replace some of my reality TV with reading, but at the end of some days, I just need to zone out. A psychologist would probably tell me that's a red flag right there, but I'm just #keepinitreal ... I'm still reading The Husband's Secret and am really enjoying it. I'm also trying to finish up For the Love and Carry on, Warrior. All three are really great reads so far. Maybe that's my problem...reading more than one book at a time.
 
///
 
Lily's school pictures came in, and I don't think she was feeling her photographer or his vision. Seriously, I cannot.stop.laughing. And how big does she look? Goodness, I'm going to need a major sedative when she goes to kindergarten next year.
 
 
I think this one is so sweet...
 

///
 
 This salsa is the best ever. It tastes homemade to me and would be a great and obviously simple appetizer for a party. I do prefer it room temperature to after it's been refrigerated.
 
 
///
 
I've been trying to eat more veggies lately...one way I can always do that is by making my grandmother's Curry Dip to go along as a side.
 
 
Gamma's Curry Dip

1 clove garlic, minced
1 pint mayonnaise (I cut this in half)
5 tablespoons ketchup
1 1/2 tablespoons Lea & Perrins
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 dash of Tabasco (I do a few)
 
Mix well and serve immediately or refrigerate.

///
 
Below are some pictures of my girls. They are my heart and soul.
 



 
///
 
I'll leave you with some funnies...
 

///
 
Hope everyone has a happy day!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment