Monday, November 23, 2015

Weekend Update

We had a great weekend here...and the temps dropped significantly so it finally feels like holiday weather. We even made a fire last night!
 
 
///
 
I worked on Saturday, and it was a rough day...just a tough patient load and one of those days where you feel like you can't get caught up and everything that can go wrong does. I needed a reminder that it was going to be OK, that I was doing a good job and was taking care of my patients. That reminder came in the form of one of my elderly female patients. I was in her room doing rounds, and we talked for a minute about memories. She talked about her love for Hershey's Kisses, and I told her that one of my favorite childhood memories was going over to my grandmother's house and always finding a Hershey bar in her refrigerator...we always knew when we visited Gamma that she would have a chilled Hershey bar waiting on us. I think she enjoyed our conversation, and I know I did. Those are the special moments of nursing, to me. As I was leaving her room, she looked at me and said, "I love you. I really do." What a sweet reminder from her that I was doing well...everything that had gone wrong was out of my mind, and I carried those precious words with me the rest of the day.
 
///
 
Lily's Thanksgiving program at school was last Thursday, and there's nothing much cuter than children dressed up like Native Americans. PC police, please don't kill me...Hadley went with me to the performance, and I think she entertained the crowd just as much as the older kids did. She is a wild turkey, that one!!
 
 
 
 
///
 
Lily brought home lots of Thanksgiving crafts after her program...I was so hoping for a sweet craft that would list all the ways she was thankful for her family, and instead we get this...haha...
 
 
///
 
Hadley brought this craft home from Mother's Morning Out, and I just adore it. The turkey's feet are the cut-out shape of her hands, and his wattle (is that what that dangly thing is called?) is the cut-out of her foot...really cute!
 
 
///
 
I have a new favorite pair of boots. They're the most comfortable things I've ever put on my feet, and they keep me warm too. I ordered a half size smaller than I normally wear, and they fit like a glove.
 
 
///
 
Rob and I started watching Scandal last night, and I'm hooked! I don't know why I waited so long to try it out...it's a little cheesy, but that just makes for good TV, in my opinion.
 
 
///
 
I'm trying out The Pioneer Woman's chili this afternoon...these temps have me wanting soup...if we like it I'll share the recipe tomorrow or the next day!
 
///
 
Hope everyone has a happy day. Happy Thanksgiving week!


No comments:

Post a Comment