Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Artichoke Rice Salad

If you're looking for a good, cold side dish, I've got one you should try. I'm not sure what cookbook this is from, but it's a recipe my mom shared with me years ago. I make it frequently on the weekends to have with sandwiches. My sweet grandparents always send us a Honey Baked Ham this time of year, and we have lived off ham sandwiches and this salad for the past few days...and I never get tired of it! It's full of flavor and is pretty too. The only thing I might add next time is a jar of drained pimientos, just to add some more color. It's good room temperature but is even better after it's been refrigerated. Enjoy!
 
 
Artichoke Rice Salad
 
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup uncooked rice
1/4 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
1 (6 oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and halved
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
 
Place broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil, and stir in rice. Return to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, 20 minutes or until done. Cool. Stir in onion, green pepper, olives, artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, dill, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate and serve chilled.
 
///
 
Hope everyone has a happy day...

1 comment:

  1. Your side dishes are always so unique! I've never seen anything like this or like your last cold bean salad. They all sound really tasty and are totally different recipes for me. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete