Friday, December 18, 2015

Life Lately

The weekend before Christmas...and I'm ready! We have lots of fun things going on in the next few days...including both of my sisters are coming into town tomorrow! I can hardly stand it...it's only about once a year that we're all together, so it's super special when it happens. We're also making day trips both Saturday and Sunday to see other members of our family. Life is good...
 
///
 
Lily had her Christmas party and Christmas program at school this past week. It was so fun seeing her enjoy them both so much. Christmas through the eyes of a child is magical.
 

 
Nothing beats a children's Christmas program...below is a picture of Lily walking in to hers...pure joy. 

 
///
 
Hadley's class had a Christmas party too, and I brought Christmas cookies...Hadley is always on the move these days and will rarely sit still for a picture! So when I take them of her they're usually blurry, or I just capture the back of her head!
 
 
///
 
My in-laws were able to come down for Lily's program, and they took her home with them for a few nights. They were able to get tickets for the Polar Express last night, and I can't wait to hear all about it. Lily was very concerned that the train ride there was going to take so long because the North Pole is so far away...we had to remind her that it was an express trip and that Christmas magic allowed it to happen! :) I always miss my children when they're not with me, but I also enjoyed my one-on-one time with Hadley...she is talking more and more and is starting to put two and three words together. Her favorite phrase right now is, "No mine." Below is a picture I snapped right after bath time last night!
 
 
///
 
Thursday Rob and I celebrated our 10th anniversary...of meeting each other! I was 25-years-old, and he was 29...I'd gone to the Hal and Mal's Christmas party with some girlfriends, and he was there with some guy friends. We were both at the bar for drinks and started chatting...and the rest is history. Seriously! We hung out all night, and he came over to my apartment the next night to watch a movie. We were inseparable pretty much from the get-go. It was a perfect match.
 
I called him on Thursday (from Walgreens...picking up some exfoliator for him to use on his hands...Hand, Foot, & Mouth remnants...the romance is still alive, folks!) to remind him that we met 10 years prior (thanks to the Facebook memory popping up on my timeline)...his response: "Interesting." Ha! But really...he is the one person who can always make me laugh, and he accepts me for who I am...and I thank God for him every day. Don't know where I'd be without him.
 
We celebrated that night with some take-out sushi and an episode of Scandal.
 
 
///
 
Do you ever say something totally awkward or random, and as soon as the words come out of your mouth you wish you could go hide under a rock? It happens to me on an almost daily basis. Hadley and I were at Kroger yesterday, checking out, and an Advil fell out of my purse and rolled right up next to the cashier. He asked what I wanted him to do with it, and I said, "Just throw it away. Thank goodness it wasn't the good stuff." He looked at me like I had 3 heads...
 
///
 
My sweet grandparents sent me some Christmas money a little early. I had so much fun picking out a few things that have been on my radar.
 
This purse is from Urban Outfitters. It's faux leather and comes in at only $54! I love a bucket bag, and the bow on this one makes me love it even more. It comes in six colors, but I was drawn to the navy.
 
 
I love this bag from Anthropologie. I mentioned it a few posts back. It's even better in person. It's also faux leather, and it comes in nine color options. It's large enough to hold a laptop or would even work as a diaper bag! It's on sale for $49.95. Would make a great Christmas gift! Oh, and it's reversible!
 
 
I'm addicted to coffee table books...they're pretty and functional. I've had these on my wish list for a while now and finally snagged them. They both contain loads of style ideas for the home.
 

 
Pineapples are all the rage right now, and I've jumped on the bandwagon. I adore this one from Anthropologie. It's sold as a catch-all and comes with cute gold paperclips (great gift, by the way), but I put mine on our coffee table. Makes me happy every time I walk by.
 
 
 
 
///
 
Lastly, I'll leave you with this quote...it's the best. Hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend! See you back here on Monday...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment