Monday, May 9, 2016

Weekend Update

I hope everyone had a happy weekend! Here's what we were up to...
 
///
 
Friday, Lily's preschool had their annual May Day program. The kiddos sing patriotic songs and wear shirts that they've painted. It really is a sweet way to wrap up the school year...and I can't believe that this was Lily's last year to participate...and Hadley will be in the program this time next year! We still have two weeks left of school, and then summer will be in full force. I'm ready for slower days and no schedules.
 

 
///
 
We went for a walk in our neighborhood Friday afternoon and stumbled upon some honeysuckle. Seeing it and smelling it brought back so many happy memories of my childhood. It was fun to share those memories with my girls.
 
 
///
 
I worked Saturday and had a good, steady day. I'm really lucky to work with a group of ladies who value teamwork. It makes such a difference as a nurse.
 
///
 
Yesterday we missed church because Rob has been sick. We were able to have lunch at a favorite Mexican restaurant, so that was our little Mother's Day celebration. I really don't ever want or expect anything fancy for the day...it was just good to be with my husband and kids. My only request was that I get to take a long, uninterrupted nap...and I did. 2 hours! Do you know how long it's been since that has happened? It was so nice...
 

And as far as a Mother's Day pic with my girls goes, this was the best we could do! Just keeping it real...

 
///
 
I picked up this candle from Target recently, and it's the perfect summer scent. Really light...I love the combo of lemon and ginger. I couldn't find it on Target's Web site, but it was with the other candles at my local store.
 
 
///
 
When I got in from work on Saturday evening, I came home to some flowers from my grandparents...wasn't that sweet? Flowers from them for Mother's Day. They are always so thoughtful.
 
 
///
 
I've got several books on my wish list. Have y'all read any of these? Curtis Sittenfeld is one of my favorite authors...I was a big fan of Prep, American Wife, and The Man of My Dreams. I can't wait to check her newest one out. She writes what I like to call smart chick lit. And then everyone seems to be reading The Nest these days, so I'm jumping on that bandwagon. I read The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst and loved it. She has so much wisdom to share, so I want to check out another one by her.

 
 
 
///
 
Hadley brought home the sweetest Mother's Day gift for me...she made it in Mother's Morning Out...oh how I cherish anything with their hand or footprint on it! Lily's class is having a Mother's Day tea on Wednesday, and she spilled the beans and told me I'm getting a flower pot that she painted. ;)
 
 
///

I shared this picture on Instagram and Facebook and wanted to share it here too. My two moms...I am so thankful for them both.


///
 
I hope everyone has a great day. I've got a run to the grocery store, laundry, dinner prep, cleaning, and working out on my agenda. See y'all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment