Friday, May 20, 2016

Q&A

The last time I did an "about me" post was on my 35th birthday. You can read that one here. I thought it was time for a follow-up. This time I did it in the form of questions and answers. Y'all, no lie, I used to want to work for a magazine interviewing celebrities...mainly because I loved/still love coming up with random questions...and it's a great way to find out about somebody. With that said, here goes...
 
What is your favorite time of day?
 
Hands-down the morning...I'm a morning person and have the most energy and drive early in the day. I get up at 4 (yikes!) each morning to work on my blog, read, have devotion time, unload the dishwasher, etc. Yes, I'm one of those annoying morning people.
 
If you could go on only one more trip in your lifetime where would it be and why?
 
Greece. The water. The food. The history. Can you imagine eating dinner one night and this is your view? It's got to be what Heaven looks like.
 
 
What is your favorite blog post that you've written?
 
Probably the letter to my Dad. You can read it here. I loved every minute of writing it, and it was really special to look back at some of my favorite memories with him.
 
Also, the post Learning to Eat Again was really cathartic for me. I had to revisit a time in my life that was awful, and it honestly made me sad to see how low I was at one point. I liked that post because I was able to be vulnerable, and I had several people reach out to me who have gone through/are going through similar situations. If I helped them in any way by being honest then it was worth it.
 
Would you ever have plastic surgery?
 
Yes! #noshame Truth time: I've always wanted a nose job. I'm jealous of those who have petite little upturned noses. I think I'd look crazy with a nose like that, but if someone gave me the funds, I'd probably go under the knife. Just being honest.
 
What's your all-time favorite song?
 
"Southern Cross" by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. I'm a happy girl every time I hear that song.
 
What's your guilty pleasure?
 
Trashy TV. Give me a Real Housewives show on Bravo, some comfy PJs, a glass of wine, and I'll call it a good night.
 
 
What's your favorite quality in your spouse?
 
His zest and passion for life. He's fun and extroverted and gets excited about little things. I strive to be more like that!
 
What's something you collect?
 
By collect you mean hoard, right? Coffee table books, Wolfe birds (ceramic, hand painted birds from Mississippi), fun wine glasses/glassware, and knick knacks. I love little accessories and have them sprinkled all over our home. Some people call them dust collectors, I call them personal touches!
 
 
What are you most insecure about?
 
Hmm...maybe my contribution (or lack of) to this world. Am I doing enough to give back? Am I making a difference? Am I helping shape my children into whom they're meant to be?
 
What made you start your blog?
 
I was in need of a creative outlet. It's something I'd done (briefly) before, and I missed it. I enjoy writing and sharing my thoughts and ideas. So a blog was a perfect avenue for me to do just that.
 
What's your all-time favorite book? Why?
 
Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott. I feel like her book gave me the freedom and the OK to be an imperfect Christian. That probably doesn't make sense, because all Christians are imperfect...but she doesn't fit into the cookie cutter, ultra-conservative mold that for a long time I felt like I needed to fit into as well...to be a "good" Christian. My faith grew because of her book and because it allowed me to see that I could be quirky and unconventional and still love the Lord.
 
Who's your favorite Housewife?
 
Carole Radziwill from New York. I read her autobiography, What Remains, long before she became a housewife. It's one of my favorite books. She's just hip and cool and smart, and I love her style.
 
 
Where is your happy place?
 
No doubt the beach. We vacation there every summer (and I have been doing that since I was a little girl). Sitting on the balcony in the morning, drinking coffee, watching the sun come up, and smelling the salty, sticky air is the most peaceful thing ever.
 
What's an area you're trying to improve on?
 
Being quick to share my opinion. I like to think that I'm a kind and gentle person, but sometimes I might come across too aggressive. I think it's important to stand up for what you believe in, but I might need to do a better job of being a little softer in my delivery.
 
What's your favorite quote?
 
 
What's your style?
 
I've been thinking about this lately as I've been posting a lot of OOTD pictures on Instagram. I love seeing what other people are wearing or how people put outfits together. I'd say my style is a combination of sporty, classic, and maybe a little boho at times? Style-wise I'm not too feminine, and I'm definitely not preppy...I like a little quirk or randomness thrown in.
 
What's one of the biggest things you've learned about life thus far?
 
It can be summed up with this fabulous little image I found not too long ago...it's very freeing, and I'm thankful that I've finally gotten to a place in life where I am more and more OK with this.
 
 
What's your biggest hope for your children?
 
That they have a relationship with God...and that they are confident and never doubt that they are loved.
 
What's something professionally that you're most proud of?
 
Two things: when I worked in the public relations department at the Mississippi State Hospital, an article I wrote about heart disease was voted best feature story in a statewide competition.
 
I left that job to pursue a career in nursing and began my job as an oncology nurse at a local hospital. A year or so after working there, I was nominated for, and received, the RN Rookie Award...at the end of the year I was recognized as the hospital's Rookie of the Year. It felt really good to be appreciated by my colleagues and to be recognized for my work and achievements as a new nurse.
 
What's your favorite Bible verse?
 
Matthew 11:28-29
 
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."
 
I turn to this verse frequently, and I am at peace in knowing that it's very true.
 
///
 
Any questions for me? I could fill out a questionnaire like it's my job! I hope everyone has a great weekend...I'm working Saturday and Sunday, so I'm going to be one tired gal come Monday. See y'all then.


No comments:

Post a Comment